More

A/N: WARNING: There's a little bit of ahem, smut in this chapter. Nothing full blown but definitely at least first/midway to second base territory.

At over 3000 words (Thrice the normal length of a normal chapter) I think I spent at least triple the time and effort I did on this write and edit chapter in a way to really capture the emotion they felt. Hopefully, it pays off and you all like it!

As for those who weren't exactly looking forward to romance, rest assured: More killing is coming soon.

If ya liked it, do vote and comment! If you didn't, do still drop a comment below and tell me how I could improve (or if you spot any spelling/grammatical/plot errors I missed)!

Thanks for reading,
~Euphie

———

Oh? Sleeping beauty's awoken.

My, my, my. With every amazing feat, my awe for you just keeps going up, Artemis. Truly, you are beginning to scare me with that iron will of yours.

Well, I suppose you won because I bent the rules for you. Draconic strength is no joke. To use it repeatedly, it was simply because I helped alleviate the burden. But, I am very impressed and pleased with your excellent performance. I suppose I should reward you.

A calm voice called out to me as I found myself in warm embrace, the melodic soft singing of someone in my ear.

...When I see those beautiful eyes, love;
When I caught sight of that smile, love;
When I felt your hands, love;
When I held you dear, love.

I fall all again, love;
In your charms forever more, love;
Eternal like the moon, love;
Soft yet outspoken, love.

So hold me tight, love;
Hold me close, love;
For I fear you might leave, my side, love;
You might go, love;
Please don't go, love;
For when you go, there is nothing hold, love.

Health or sickness;
Wealth or poverty;
To have and to hold, love;
Is all I need.

"Please...don't go, love. Hold me close...love. For when you go...There is nothing to hold, love."

"Charlie?"

"Health or sickness, wealth or poverty. To have to hold, love."

"Charlie?"

"Is all I n—....Artemis? You're awake?"

"Mm. Just what is this song I've heard you sing for the past five minutes now?"

"N-Nothing! Don't worry about it! I'll get the healer to—"

"No need. I'm fine."

"But you—"

"Hold me close, won't you?" I teased her, leaning back into her chest relaxedly as she sucked in a deep breath,"O-Okay."

"So, how long have I been out?"

"A week."

"Explains the glaring need to eat food. I suppose I pissed myself?"

"Well...Yes. But how did you—"

"I don't feel the need to piss that's how I know. Thanks for taking care of me, girlfriend."

"W-Well that's what girlfriends do, right? And it's the least I could do after I caused all this."