So Many Things

A/N: WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A TERRIFYINGLY LONG EXPOSITION DUMP. IF YOU WISH TO SKIP IT, JUST GO TO THE END AFTER THE THREE DASHES WHERE A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF THE EXPOSITION AWAITS.

The purpose of this dump's really just to help me keep track of Artemis' powers since it's not just the simple triangle and mark from the start anymore. I admit, it got a little too overwhelming for me to remember everything so I'm toning it down a little to make life easier for me.

As for the first part, I've introduced a new character so it wouldn't be too boring a chapter. I hate exposition chapters as much as many other readers do and promise to do my best to keep them to a minimum! Just think of this chapter as a transition to the next mini arc!

Thanks for your understanding,
~Euphie

———

Before me, nine hundred and ninety-nine million, nine hundred and ninety-nine drops of water sat in the air, static. Unmoving.

Control.

Control was everything.

Know thyself, know thy enemy, win a thousand wars.

To hone the minute controls of mana and use it to one's advantage, that was the true meaning and craft of magic! Not raw destructive power, not intricate spells but utmost control of the simplest bit of magic.

In the face of an overwhelming attack with thousands of people contributing, even a simple spell from a rank 1 magister could entirely disrupt and destroy the spell.

"Lord Alexander, it's time for...Again?" My maidservant, Christine, sighed as she dripped from head to toe, drenched in water.

With a wave of my hand, I cleaned up, drying her clothes with a casual smile,"Ah, Christie, what have I told you about interrupting? You might be caught in the crossfire."

Xavier Alexander's the name

Xavier Alexander's the name. The de facto leader of the Righteous faction and the only rank 10 on the Illiad Continent. Amongst the continents, there were only 11 other rank 10s and 2 rank 11s. There was a reason for my power and feats: I was an angel. Not half-blooded, not awakened from my rank 2 bloodline. A pure angel from birth.

Along with my bloodline, came a terrifyingly high affinity to light, allowing me to fight those a rank above me and win half the time.

Whilst I certainly didn't enjoy fighting, if it was for the sake of furthering my knowledge of the arcane, I would do anything.

My ultimate goal was simple to describe. But, to achieve it would be a different ballgame in its entirety: Godhood.

No goal was more noble, more arrogant and more lofty than to achieve that status of god. For such an ambition to reach fruition, there was only one way—Magic!