Chapter 13

"Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?"

"Huh?" I asked involuntarily, almost making my chicken fall from my grasp. "Like a date oooor?" Surprise evident in my voice.

"It doesn't have to be, depends on how you take it." He said jokingly, smirking at me making me flustered.

"Ah- okay, sure. I don't have any plans tomorrow anyways." I said avoiding his gaze.

"It's set then!" Excitement obvious in his voice, showing his eye smile making my heart flutter for the nth time since he came.

It wouldn't hurt to hang out with him, right? I mean it's just a friendly date, I don't want to assume and get ahead of myself.

I can still feel his burning gaze at me and I somehow feel uncomfortable, "Eat up." I said, trying to turn his attention away from me.

"Okay okay," he said while laughing, he knows that I know he is looking at me, he hasn't change a bit. He's still the cheeky Yeonjun that I know, which isn't really helping my feelings for him. "What time are you going home? It's already quarter to 8."

When I heard the time, I couldn't believe that it's night time already. "It's night time already?!" Making my eyes wide.

Yeonjun nodded and confused by my reaction, "You haven't gotten out of your studio since you came, have you?" He asked with a disappointed tone.

"Well, yeah." I laugh awkwardly, drinking my soda while looking away from him. Knowing that he will reprimand me for it.

"You shouldn't push yourself too much, you know," Aaand here goes the reprimand. "I knoow, I just have to finish them as quick as possible and I'm free." I reasoned out, making him sigh.

"Fine, tomorrow you will have a relax day with me and you can't argue with that, okay?" I just nodded, since I don't really want to argue with him.

We finished eating our food and I started cleaning things up, since I could do that much, he's the one who brought me food.

"I am so proud of you, you know that right?" He said out of a sudden— looking around my studio, when I just got back from my studio to take the trashes out, making me stop in my tracks.

"I know," I turned to him and smile sincerely, "I am proud of you too, you're one step closer to debuting."

"Yeah, we are." He said while looking down, somehow looking sad. This is not the reaction I expected to see, I mean it's his biggest dream, why does he look so sad about it?

"You want to debut right?" I asked which he nodded to. "Why do I get the feeling you're not happy about it?" I asked raising my brow and tilting my head in confusion, while he is still looking down like his shoes are the most interesting thing to look at right now.

I sat right next to him, "Yeonjun, look at me." I said as I put my right hand on his left knee then he looked at me. "Aren't you happy that you're going to debut soon?"

"I'm happy and sad about it to be honest, I just wish..." He said making the last part almost a whisper or sigh. "Wish what, Jun?" I asked shakily, not prepared for what he is about to happen.

"I just wish things didn't go downhill for us." As he looked at me with sincerity— almost having tears brimmed in his eyes, it made me gasp lightly.

I honestly don't know what to respond to what he said, I mean I wished the same thing. But I feel like if I said that I agree with him, things might get more complicated than it is.

"Look on the bright side, you're about to debut. This is what you've always dreamed of." I showed him a smile that I hope he doesn't see through. "You've worked hard for this for so long and here you are," I sigh shakily while still trying my best to have a positive facade. "You wouldn't be able to meet 4 more dorks, that are literally like brothers. You have a big family here in the company that could fill the empty spot that I left in your heart." My voice cracked at the last part due to the amount of tension building in my throat because of the urge to cry.

Before I wait for his response, which I don't want to hear because it might cause more problems to my heart, I immediately told him that it's about time to go home.

"Oh wow! It's already 10PM?! I think we should get going, yeah?" I said, while standing up avoiding his gaze. "Y/N..." He said with a sigh, not wanting to end our previous conversation like that. "Come on," I held his wrist making him stand up from the couch, "I'm really tired and I need sleep, you should too!"

"Fine," I heard him sigh for the hundredth time today, "I'll take you home." That made me almost stop in my tracks, but I don't want him to know that it made me flustered.

"Okay." I smiled at him, showing him my eye smiles, doing my best to turn his attention to something but our previous conversation, as I've gathered all my things and still dragging out of the studio.

----------------------
Author's POV

While Y/N and Yeonjun are walking at Y/N's neighborhood, Yeonjun is having the urge to grab her hand and just feel their hands intertwine once again, the feeling of warmth from her skin against his. Y/N can feel Yeonjun's arms grazing hers and she doesn't know what to do. Just when Yeonjun had the courage to finally grab Y/N's hand, her phone rang - making him retreat his hand back.

Y/N grabbed her phone from her pocket and Yeonjun noticed how her eyebrows creased a little while looking at the caller's ID but still answered it.

"Hello, oppa?"

Yeonjun slightly raised his eyebrow while looking down where he is walking, pretending that he is not interested with her phone call.

"Yes, I'm on my way. You don't have to take me home, you must be tired from your schedule. I'm fine." Y/N said calmly like her conversation is the most common thing that has ever happened. Which makes Yeonjun more curious with who she is talking to, because they seem to spend a lot of time together based on what he is hearing from their conversation.

"I am with Yeonjun so I'm safe, don't worry about it. Geez." Y/N laughed lightly, looking at Yeonjun for a quick second - which Yeonjun is still pretending he is not interested and just walking with his hands in his pocket as if he is cold. When in reality he felt warm by how Y/N thinks she is safe with him.

"Okay, take care oppa. Say goodnight to the others for me." Y/N said before she hung up.

Yeonjun noticed how sweet Y/N was during the phone call and he just hopes that she will be like that to him as well. Yeonjun is not dense, he can feel how Y/N gets awkward with him, but he's still grateful that sometimes she acts how she normally is with him. At least she is starting to warm up with him again.

"Sorry about that, it was Yoongi oppa. He insists to take me home but I already have you so it's fine." She said without thinking, until she gasped and put her hand to her mouth. She looked at Yeonjun, slightly horrified with what his reaction will be.

––––––––––––

Hope you're still liking it! 

Please vote/comment! :>