Chapter 35

Y/N's POV

"I'm sorry, PD-nim. Can I do that again? Starting from the pre-chorus." I requested through the microphone in the recording studio.

"Okay~" Dohyeong said through my headphones.

I smiled weakly at Dohyeong through the window separating us, him being at the control room.

"I can't send you out like this,
But I can't open my mouth

I know,
We love each other
We don't talk together
I'm always yours
Why don't you?
I don't want to admit it
Why don't you?
I can't send you away"

"Everything's good so far, you can come out now Y/N" Do hyeong said once again through the headphones.

I came out of the recording studio and went inside the control room where Dohyeong is.

"What is this for? Are you releasing a new song?" He asked as he turned around to face me, hands clasped together as he is leaning on his chair.

"Oh no, it's a demo that I will give to Yoongi oppa and he will work with another artist." I said softly. "I just suddenly thought of  the lyrics one day."

I grabbed my water cup from the table and drank from it quietly.

"Is something bothering you Y/N?"

That made me look at Dohyeong with a surprised look.

Was it too obvious?

"Huh? No, why?" I tried my best to put on a positive facade as much as possible.

"I have worked with you for almost 2 years now, how wouldn't I know?" He said with a soft chuckle.

I looked down at my water cup, like it's the most interesting thing right now. My foot nervously tapping on the carpeted floor.

"It's just a rough, uh, week." I reasoned out.

It's not completely a lie though, it's been 3 weeks since Yeonjun broke up with me.

3 weeks of me being lost and devastated.

3 weeks of going through each day in a haze.

3 weeks of crying every night.

3 weeks of missing him every hour, some hours; doubting the relationship that we had.

It's like the past has repeated itself but this time I can't accept the reason why he wanted to break up with me.

"Hey, Y/N?"

Snapping through the reality, I realized I didn't answer Dohyeong back.

"I'm sorry, what was that again?"

"You need to take a rest," he said in concern, "your eyes are about to give up."

"I will, it's just been very busy lately." I stood up weakly from my seat, "Thank you for helping me record this song."

I said my good bye to Dohyeong and immediately headed back to my studio.

I don't know why, but I somehow feel like I'm going to be sick any minute now.