Chapter 20

Y/N's POV

I am now here at an empty meeting room, since Yoongi said he wanted to tell me something.

I can't seem to ease my nerves because I think I know where this conversation will lead to. Yoongi sat at the table lightly, just putting some of his weight while I stood up leaning back on the wall in front of him. Trying my best not to show my nervousness - and my still pounding head in addition to that.

"Is there anything you would like to say, oppa?" I asked him as I looked at him - who is looking a little nervous and can't look at me in the eye.

"Uh- well, I know that I might not have a chance, but- uh," He said while hesitating, rubbing his hand at the back of his neck, "There's nothing wrong with trying or testing my luck right?" He keeps on blabbering.

"Oppa, relax. Is there anything wrong?" I said, trying to calm him down.

"Well, I honestly like you, Y/N." He said, now looking straight in my eyes.

I just stood there shocked, and seemingly speechless. I had a feeling that he will confess right now, but it still made me shocked. I just blinked my wide eyes at Yoongi - and he seems to noticed how flustered I got.

"But it's okay if you can't return the feelings." He waved off, "From the day I heard about Yeonjun, I already knew that I stand no chance against him anyways." He said - his confidence a while ago gone.

"I'm sorry, oppa." I said with a frown - expressing my sincere apology. Yoongi just had his head hanging low, while his weight is being supported by his arms on the table. "I do still love Yeonjun and I hope you understand." I feel so bad for rejecting him, but it doesn't seem right to accept him when I love someone else.

"I understand, Y/N. It's okay." He looked at me with a pained smile.

"Don't do this to me, oppa. I know you're hurting." Trying my best to ignore my pounding head and the lump forming in my throat.

"Hey," Yoongi said standing up while reaching his hands towards my arm. "I said it's okay, I've already accepted the rejection even before I even confessed to you." He laughed lightly - trying to lighten up my mood, while rubbing my arms in comfort, closing the proximity between us.

"I just feel so bad, you deserve so much more." I said with my head hanging low, "You don't deserve to be rejected, you deserve to be loved more than you can imagine." I stifled a cry.

He hugged me, "Don't feel bad, it's okay I mean it's part of life I guess." I guess I needed that hug, and I could feel his sincerity in his voice that there's no hard feelings with me rejecting him.

"We could still be friends, right?" He asked hesitantly, his voice getting kinda stuffy like he's holding back his tears.

"Of course! Why wouldn't we?" I answered him.

"I'm just scared that things might change between us after I confessed to you." He said - now he's the one trying to stop himself from crying.

"No, oppa. We can still do the same shit that we used to do, nothing will change." I said, trying to hide my smile because I find him cute with how worried he was.

"So, stop worrying too much." Rubbing his back in comfort, him still hugging me as well - his face finding comfort on my neck.

As we were about to retrieve ourselves back, we heard a phone ding - making the both of us completely pull out from the hug and look at where the sound came from.

I saw two eyes that were filled with hurt. But he immediately ran away.

"Shit." I mumbled quietly to myself, I'm sure Yoongi heard it as well.