Chapter 2: Melody

I opened my eyes, the sun hadn't even rised yet. I giggled, feeling Momo's hands around my waist pulling me closer to her body.

"Why are you up?" she groggily said, her eyes still closed as she stretched her legs.

"I don't know" I replied, my hands moving on top of hers under the covers.

"Sleep" Momo mumbled "You have recordings in the morning, you're in need of some rest" she spoke while I played with the ring on her finger.

"Don't worry about it, alright?" I smiled and turned around, moving her messy bangs away from her forehead and placing a kiss on her soft skin.

"Stop saying that" Momo whined "You're always saying that" she spoke, guiding my head to rest on her chest.

[Flashback]

"You didn't have to do this, Dahyun" Momo whispered while being dragged inside my apartment.

"And let you go back home? Hell no" I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll be just fine!"

"You won't and you're sleeping here tonight whether you like it or not" I laughed, tiptoeing my way in the hall and in my room, trying not to wake Wendy up.

"This is ridiculous, we don't even fit in your bed"

"We do, shut up and take this" I demanded playfully throwing towels and an oversized hoodie in her face, urging her to take a shower.

"What about you?"

"I'll just sneak into Wendy's room, don't worry about it" I reassured her, jokingly covering my eyes as soon as we got into the bathroom.

[End of flashback]

"Are you even real?" I mumbled, even from this angle her face looked beautiful. Her big,  gorgeous eyes were closed and her lips curved into a small smile while her chest moved slightly up and down as she breathed.

I looked at her for awhile almost asking out loud how could Seokjin treat her so wrong. She is too precious for anyone in this world and she could have chosen anybody to be with, but she chose me. I'm still not over the fact that I get to be hers and that she gets to be mine after all these years. I feel truly blessed, even if everytime I tell her she scoffs and laughs out loud.

"No, I'm just another random girl in one of your dreams"Momo replied "Go to sleep now so you can dream about me for as long as you want" she chuckled and lazily played with my hair.

I laid on her chest and thought about every little thing we've been through, all the fights, tears, smiles, corny jokes. I closed my eyes as I listened to her heartbeat. It was steady and seemed to be slowly putting me to sleep while she, too, fell into a slumber.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I murmered one last time before letting myself slowly relax again, my fingers still intertwined with hers as our hearts beat in sync and in combination with our steady, soft breathing creating the perfect melody. A melody one could hear and enjoy only when being in love, the love melody. Yes, that's probably what it is.

These were the moments I treasured, every little moment with her next to me, hugging me and just doing nothing. I found it weird how she could alway make my mind travel to places, make me forget about my troubles. She always did it, from the day we met, and still does to this day.

And just like that, I fell fast asleep. Seokjin's arrival and sudden visit completely slipping off my mind. He couldn't do any harm as long as Momo and I were together, by each others side. We could overcome every obstacle, like we always did.