Chapter 3: Congratulations

"Hey!" Juhyun chimed as soon as I enterted one of the company's cars that was always parked outside my house everyday at 7 AM. "I got you the usual" she smiled and handed me my favourite coffee along with a sandwich she probably made.

"Where is Seulgi?" I asked, eyeing the emtpy driver's seat from the back of the car while Irene texted my manager that she had picked me up.

"She is checking something at the back of the car, she should be here soon" the female replied and put on some music on the radio. She looked back at me and raised a brow "Are you alright? You seem a little stressed"

"Yeah it's fine. I'm just still not used to this yet" I spoke "You being my bodyguard and Seul the one who usually drives me around" I chuckled.

Even if Irene was short, she sure was scary and strong enough to help me when neccessary.

"We've been doing this years now, Dahyun-ssi" Seulgi laughed and entered the car "Although, I can never thank Jihyo-ssi enough" she said and started the engine.

Both Irene and Seulgi, who used to work at the restaurant owned by Jihyo's parents along with Wendy, were hired by JYPE soon after Irene got better with her mental health and left all this gang stuff behind. Jihyo talked to JY Park about hiring them and after a look in their résumés, he agreed. 

"It's weird how we turned out to be friends..some years ago you almost killed Momo and I" I teased and Juhyun pouted.

"I didn't almost kill you!" she whined "I'm sorry, though"

After the whole incident Juhyun really tried to become a better person, she still goes to therapy every week and has stopped talking to anyone involved in Velvet. She gave her position as a leader to Somi and left the group completely, starting a new life with Seulgi. Although, there were times that I wondered where Yeji, Lia, Ryuijin and Chaeryeong were. They helped us out that night in the basement and even took care of Yuna, the red haired girl definitely had some problems.

"No need to worry unnie" I reassured her "I was joking. Besides, you're just fine now" I smiled and Seulgi pecked her girlfriend's lips, driving off to the JYP building.

[...]

"Good morning Dahyun-ya!" Sooyoung almost shouted as I got into the recording booth, ready to start a really long day.

"Hey Soo" I laughed and high-fived the taller "Have you already started?"

"Nope" she smiled "They want us to record together today" Sooyoung spoke.

"Ah how does it feel debuting solo?" I asked and she put her headset on "I mean, you're a member of the biggest girl group in Korea"

"It's great but really tiring, to be quite honest. It's not like I didn't expect it, though" Sooyoung replied "I'm really loving the name Joy too. It's been years but it still feels like yesterday I debuted. We're already sunbaenims" she said.

Sooyoung had debuted in a girl group after training for a while, the group had a very successful debut and from there, built a really successful career. They weren't the younger in the company anymore since a new girl group just debuted last month, but they were definitely the biggest. Their songs are at the top of the charts in a lot of countries and they've already gone multiple world tours.

"Yeah, you tell me!" I laughed "I bet Jihyo unnie feels really old" I spoke and she nodded.

"Oh by the way, was you the one that called staff meeting today?" Sooyoung aksed "PD-nim said he and the CEO will be joining too" she said.