Chapter 13: Elevator

"It's Chaeyoung's big day, hurry your asses up or we'll be late" I shouted, knocking on Nayeon and Jeongyeon's bedroom door.

It had been a little over four months I blew up on the news, causing my managers and company to freak out and put most of my activities on hold. I was running around in offices and meetings all day, putting myself and my baby at a huge risk. Anxiety was always my 'best companion' while I barely made it through each day without having a panic attack. The K-netz blew the issue out of proportion, resulting in the company to hold meetings four times a week so we could discuss about how my reputation was going to recover. All the radio shows and interviews I had to go to were too much and I honestly hated it. Apart from that, Momo and I stopped talking while Seokjin would always drop by Nayeon's house to see me, which would lead into fights and finally more and more stress.

"We'll be out in a bit" Jeongyeon laughed "In the meantime, prepare yourself to face Momo. There is no way you can avoid her today" she spoke, groaning when Nayeon moaned loudly.

"Just..get ready! They'll be waiting" I replied, fiddling with my fingers.

Today was the day Chaeyoung would undergo surgery to restore her eyesight and we all promised to be in the hospital. After finishing her treatment she was able to find a good doctor for the surgery, who so happened to be friend of doctor Min's.

Doctor Kim Taehyung, was one of the best surgeons in the United States of America and had recently returned to Seoul to work for the biggest hospital in the country. Him and doctor Min Yoongi, had gone to college together. Taehyung, though, decided to leave and continue his studies abroad while Yoongi stayed back and started working at his father's hospital.

[Flashback]

"The procedure used to restore sight is known as a vitrectomy. The surgery removes the jellylike tissue behind the lens of the eye and replaces it with a saline solution" doctor Kim explained and congratulated Chaeyoung "A few months after the surgery, your eyesight is estimated to be back to normal" he smiled. It was hard taking him seriously, his hair was a dark blue color and his arms were covered in tattoos, not that I really cared. He was helping my bestfriend and all I want is for her to finally be okay.

[End of flashback]

"Guys hurry up, everyone is already there" I whined, running in the corridors and finally entering Chaeyoung's room.

Taking a step in, I was welcomed by warm smiles from all the girls and doctors while Chaeyoung anxiously laid on the bed, waiting to be carried away.

"Good morning, ladies" doctor Min spoke first "Is everyone here?" he asked.

"Uh no..where's Momo?" Sana asked and everyone turned to look at her.

"She's probably caught up with work, let's start. I'm sure she'll be here in a bit" Mina replied and held Chaeyoung's hand tighter.

"Great!" doctor Kim exclaimed, ruffling his blue hair. "Chaeyoung-ssi, see you in the operating room" he smiled and patted her shoulder, exiting the room.

"Should we call Momo?" Jihyo asked and glanced at me "Just to make sure she's alright--"

"Sorry for interrupting" Chaeryeong knocked on the door and bowed "Doctor Min, someone is here to see you" she announced.

"I'm currently unavailable" he furrowed his brows and the blonde nodded, moving to shut the door.

"Yoongi-ah, we need to talk!" a voice sounded from behind Chaeryeong and everyone turned their heads at her direction.