Chapter 11: Hope World

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asked and took a seat next to me. Hoseok joined him after a while. "Is the coffee helping?"

"Yeah, it is" I mumbled "Thank you. I'm kind of a mess right now"

"We can tell" Hoseok chuckled, causing the raven haired boy next to him to smack his face. "You can talk to us about it, even if it's been years since the last time we spoke to each other" the blond smiled.

"It's okay, just family stuff" I replied and took a sip of my coffee, grimacing when the coffee and alcohol's aftertaste mixed.

"With you husband?" Jungkook asked.

"My wife"

"Oh, I see" he cleread his throat "Sorry for assuming, it's just that Seokjin told us you were married to some, and I quote, hard working man"

"Seokjin?" I internally screamed. Why is he always involved?

"Did someone call my name?" the man butted in, playfully hitting the raven haired boy's back.

"Why are you here?" I whined.

"They called me" Seokjin smiled "Why have you been drinking? You're pregnant" he spoke.

"You are?" the boys gasped but immediately shut up when my brother glared at them.

"We were playing a game" I admitted, not looking at him.

"And?"

"What? We just..fought"

"With Momo?" he raised a brow "I thought I told you about her. She used you"

I remained silent while sipping from my drink. Seokjin dismissed Hoseok and Jungook and sat next to me on the bar.

"Can you please leave me alone? I'm not in the mood" I spoke and turned my back on him.

"Look, I know that you think I'm a bad person and I also know that what I did to Momo was really messed up, but all I want is to have my sister back. I want to be close to you again, just like the old times" Seokjin spoke and ordered something to drink "I don't care about Momo, we were pretty done anyway"

"How could you say that?" I asked "She was devastated! She was a mess when you cheated on her!"

"Even if she used you, you still defend her" Seokjin shook his head "When will you learn? I thought I taught you to never trust the people who hurt you, to push them away. I'm doing this for your own good"

"Then leave!" I raised my voice "You hurt Momo, which means you hurt me" I pushed my drink away, tuning my head to glare at him.

"I did nothing to hurt you, you're just playing the victim here" he argued "I came back after years in Seoul, leaving everything I've built behind just to see you again!"

"Yeah right" I growled "Namjoon dumped you, didn't he?"

"How dare you talk to like that?" he hissed and stood up "You have to respect me, I was always there for you when mom died"

"Don't bring her into this!" I screamed, my voice shaking slightly.

"Why? Are you going to weep about how she was the only one that loved you? Now that you found out that Momo was lying from the first place and after I told you the other night, you're still going to put the blame on me, right? Stop playing victim, we are alike and you know it" Seokjin asked.

"How so?" I asked.

"We both left home and came back after years, not contacting anyone. We both got hurt by our loved ones and ended up alone" Seokjin mumbled.

"So Namjoon did dumb you. I can tell why" I spat "And were definitely not alike. I consider myself a pretty good person while you're--"

"What? I'M WHAT?" he hollered.

"You're egotistic. You've always been" I retorted and got up from my seat.

"You're clearly out of your mind. How could you possibly believe I'm the egotistic one. All I ever did, from the day you were born until today, was to support you and here you are throwing everything away!" he yelled.

"You only choose to remember the times you were actually playing the role of my brother right. All those other times, where you hurt me, humiliated me, pushed me away..do you remember those?" I asked, a single tear running down my cheek.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Seokjin roared and raised his hand.

"Here, you're doing it again!" I cried and took a step back.

[Flashback]

"Oppa!" I whined, my eyes blurred by tears.

"What is it, Dahyun-ah?" my twelve year old brother asked, his hands holding his gun toy tightly.

"I-I broke mommie's v-vase" I cried and pointed at the shuttered glass on the kitchen floor.

Both my brother and I were alone at home. Our mother was busy recording while our father was at a business trip with Nayeon unnie's father.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Seokjin shouted "Why did you do it? That was her favorite vase!" he groaned and yanked my arm, pulling me closer to him.

"I-I'm sorry" I mumbled "I was just making Chaeyoungie a drawing and accidently k-knocked it off the t-table"

"Mom is going to kill us, Dahyun!" he murmured "Pick it up, now!"

"But I'm scared. I'm going to get hurt"

"Do it" he demanded and raised his hand, hitting my cheek hard.

"O-Oppa" I mewled as he continued slapping my face and pushing me.

"Dad says bad kids get punishment" he spoke and kicked my knee while his hand grabbed my hair.

"P-Please stop" I cried louder, my little hands tried to push him away.

"I'll do whatever I want to!" he yelled and threw me on the floor, one of the small shattered pieces of glass getting into my arm.

"B-But--" tears streamed down my face as my sobs echoed through the house.

"You have to behave, Dahyun-ya!"

[End of flashback]

"Hey dude, what are you doing?" Jungkook growled and got in the way, pushing him away "She's pregnant, man!"

"I-I have to go" I announced and walked out of the bar, pulling out of my phone.

unnie can i come by?

New Messages

what happened?

nothing.

where are you? jeong and i will
come and pick you up

hope world

mister jung and jeon's bar?

yeah

alright. we'll be there in fifteen

thanks
seen