Chapter 8: Promise

"Let her be" Seokjin groaned "I won't chase you around just to talk to you"

"Get your hands off me!" I shouted "I think I've said it over a hundred times already, but I do not want to talk to you again"

"Why?" Seokjin asked "It's not like I did something bad to you" he shrugged and the rest rolled their eyes at him while Sana and Mina hurried to find Momo.

"You did to Momo" I replied "And if you haven't realized yet, I.love.her. We are married, he live together and I'm pregnant to her kid!" I raised my voice "What is it you don't understand? I can't be around someone who hurt the person I love so much"

"So you don't love me" Seokjin feigned hurt and finally let go of my hands "Wow, were supposedly a family"

"Seriously Jin, shut your mouth. This has nothing to do with the fact that you're my brother. What you did hurt her and you weren't even present to see how devastated she was. You weren't the one to deal with her crying her eyes out that night! She was a mess and it's your fault, no matter if you did it once or not" I spoke "She loved you"

[Flashback]

My thoughts didn't last for long as Momo's sniffles cut me off of them.

"Hey are you alright?" I asked, the exciting beating of my heart turning into a sad one.

"I--Yeah..I-Im okay" she replied quietly, turning the other way around on the bed so her back faced me.

"I'm so sorry Momo"

"N-No it's fine. I'm okay" she sobbed into her pillow and clutched the covers.

It was my first time seeing her cry and I already hated it. Why would anyone make such an amazing person cry?

"You're not and it's totally understandable" I replied scooting closer to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

I would do everything for her to be happy.

"It's just that..I-I opened up to him. He k-knows all insecurities and fears a-and he--" Momo chocked out, turning to face me.

"I know.." I played with her hair as she buried her face into my chest, her hot tears soaking the oversized t-shirt she had lent me. "Try and rest, okay? We'll figure everything out tomorrow" I whispered and pulled her closer, her arms snaking around my body and holding it tightly.

[...]

It had already passed half an hour and I suspected Momo had  fallen asleep. I slowly moved her hair out of her face and caressed her tear-stained cheek.

"Cheer up, baby~" I softly sang, completely oblivious to the small smile that started to form on her face.

I unconsciously stated humming and softly singing to songs while looking at her face. I couldn't take my eyes off of her and wondered how can someone treat her so wrong.

"I like your singing voice" Momo groggily said catching me off guard and letting out a small giggle afterwards, resting her face in the crook of my neck and finally falling asleep.

[End of flashback]

"Yet, she kissed you in front of me" my brother scoffed "I thought you said she was devastated. It seems like she got over it pretty quickly"

"It happened in the heat of the moment! She wanted to somehow get revenge and she thought kissing me was the right thing to do" I justified.