Chapter 26: Chicken Talk

"Okay, this is fancy" Nayeon spoke,  entering the room backstage.

The time for the concert was coming and everyone had arrived at the venue. The first rehearsals were already over and we were all resting backstage.

"What are you all dressed up for?" Jeongyeon asked Chaeyoung, Seungwan, and Momo.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see" Jennie butted in, dragging Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa in the room.

"Woah" Jeongyeon breathed out "I sometimes forget I have idol friends"

"And you're only making more" Jisoo laughed"Jisoo Kim, nice to meet you"

"Leave the meetings for after the concert" Jihyo spoke "The kids are going crazy over there" she pointed at Sana and Mina and Chaeyoung's kids that showered the older with affection.

"Did anybody say child--" a voice started entering the room "--ren?"

"What is she doing here?" Irene stood up, Seulgi and Yeri rushing by her side.

The room started to get too loud as more people had started to enter. Apart from the nine of us, BLACKPINK and Irene with Seulgi and Yeri, Sooyoung and Sunmi were also walking in, finding the two babysitters out the door.

"Ah, Irene-ssi" Yeji smiled "Long time no see"

"Does anyone want to explain what's happening?" Momo asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"This is a huge mess" Rosé whispered in my ear.

"Jisu and I are here to watch after the kids" Yeji stated and brought her hands up in surrender. "Siwoo oppa contacted us"

"And why would I want ex gang members to look after my kids" Mina said, glaring at the two by the door.

"Mina calm down, they're the ones who helped us" Momo said "Besides, they've all changed"

"Let's not talk about everything that happened again!" Jihyo sighed "Calm down. We are all here to have fun not fight"

"I swear we won't cause any trouble" Jisu said "Dahyun unnie taught us that what we did back then was wrong. We are trying to become better people since then" she smiled at my direction.

"Sorry" Irene said and sat down "I got carried away"

"It's okay" Seulgi mumbled.

"Is it alright if we take the kids now?" Yeji asked, bowing to us "We'll be in the other room"

Mina glanced at me for approval and I nodded, flahsing a smile at Yeji's direction.

"Here you go" Mina sighed "Ahseong likes kimchi, Haesong doesn't" she informed before bidding goodbye to her kids.

"How about Jihyo unnie's daughter? Siwoo oppa said we would after her too" Jisu asked, patting Ahseong's head.

"She's already in the other room with Yuuto, Minjin, and Siwoo" Seungwan smiled and left a kiss on Jihyo's cheek.

"Thank you" both Yeji and Jisu bowed, taking Ahseong and Haesong with them to the next room.

"So, now that's settled.." Sooyoung spoke up.

"Let's drink!" Sunmi laughed and walked further into the room, sitting on the couch next to Seulgi.

"She's my girl! All drinkers unite" Nayeon squeaked and joined the two while the rest laughed.

"How are you guys feeling?" Lisa asked and leaned her head on Momo's shoulder, playfully punching her side.

"Excited" Rose said in an accent that made Jisoo laugh.

"Yeah, you got like, the best selling artist ever as you partner" the oldest spoke and raised her eyebrow.

"What can I say, we will burn the stage" I replied, striking a pose with Rosie.

"Chaeyoung and I are still better" Jennie stated "You see, we may be small but we're fearless and powerful" she flipped her hair and smirked at Chaeyoung.

"You're cute" Jihyo said "The vocalists always win. In that case, Wanda and I are at the top"

"I vote for the dance duo!" Mina shouted from the couch, where she talked with Yeri.

"The fans have spoken" Momo said "Make way for MoSa"

"What the fuck is that?" Sunmi laughed from behind, offering Nayeon some wine.

"Momo and Lisa..MoSa" Lisa replied proudly.

"That's just plain stupid" Juhyun said.

"I agree" Jisoo said "2LADIES sounds better"

"That's not even that creative" Momo whined.

"Yeah, but it's funny" Sooyoung said "I was in 4LADIES, left and became 1LADY. Now that unnie and I are collabing, 1LADY is being added and if you do the maths, 1LADY plus 1LADY equals 2LADIES"

"Lame" Jennie chuckled "I like ChaeJi better"

"This sounds like a really bad and gross brand of soju" Rosie laughed "I'm sticking with Rosé of BLACKPINK and Kim Dahyun"

"Agreed" I spoke, fist bumping the older.

"Now that you're done--" Jeongyeon tried to say.

"Wait! Wendy and Jihyo don't have a name" Sana butted in, laying her head on Tzuyu's lap.

"Chicken heads" Tzuyu suggested.

"Chicken?" Jisoo asked "Where?"

"Oh no!" Jennie whined "They're going to start again"

"Start what?"Chaeyoung asked as she moved closer to Mina on the couch and sat next to her, gently kissing her neck.

"The chicken talk" Lisa groaned "For the first time the talked and every night over messages, they won't shut up about chicken"

"But it's tasty!" both Jisoo and Jihyo said in unison and bursted out laughing.

"They've been spamming our group chat" I said "And I thought Rosie was the foodie"

"I know, right!" the girl spoke.

"The only foodie here is Momo" Lisa said "After our first rehearsal she took me out to eat jokbal, but ended eating my portion too"

"I was hungry, okay?" Momo chuckled, pushing Lisa's head off her shoulder "Stop teasing me about it"

"All the artists please come out for the last team rehearsal" the staff called out and all ten of us hurried to the stage to meet the rest and get ready for the big night.