Chapter 16: Family

I opened my eyes to the faint rays of sunlight coming from the window. The sun was setting and my room was dead silent, the only thing that could be heard was my heavy breathing. With a whimper I looked at my feet and moved them around a bit, my body was sore and I felt as if I was torn apart.

Truth is, I don't really remember a lot. I remember screaming, sweating and crying, but I could never forget the first time I held him in my arms. He was so small, yet so big for a premature baby and it was funny because even if Momo and I didn't talk during the last months of my pregnancy, he somehow reminded me of her. It was probably the fact that he ate a lot and constantly and honestly, I didn't want it any other way. Jeongyeon will always whine about her frequent trips to the supermarket  but I'm sure she, too, had fun. Running around in town just to find what I was cracving for at two in the morning was just a warm up for the time she and Nayeon will decide it's time to take their relationship a step forward.

"What are you thinking?" Momo's angelic voice sounded, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh my God.." I breathed out "You're here"

"Duh" Momo laughed "You've been sleeping for ages and I was so bored" she whined and stroked the back of my palm with her thumb.

"Where is he?" I asked and she chuckled.

"He?" she raised a brow "I don't know. They wouldn't tell me anyting. All I know is that they're keeping him somewhere cause he's so small and stuff" Momo smiled.

"Is he okay?" I panicked.

"He's fine" Momo laughed again, the sound of her giggles putting me in a state of euphoria "The doctor will come by in a while and he'll probably let us know what's happening" she said.

"I love you so much" I mumbled, feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" she asked, her fingers locking with mine.

"I don't know" I cried "It's probably hormones"

"You look so.." Momo trailed off "Amazing. How?"

"W-What?" I blushed.

"How can you look so beautiful after getting out of such a risky situation?" she breathed out "I could've lost both of you if I wasn't that lucky" she mumbled.

"You wouldn't" I wiped my tears "We can get through everything together, remember?" I smiled and tried moving in for a kiss only to fall back and moan in pain.

"Don't move, your body needs rest. I heard  the fella was huge for a baby this far into pregnancy" Momo grinned and stood up, giving me the kiss I've been craving ever since I woke up "You should sleep, I'll be here"

"No" I frowned and reached out to her again "How is Chae? Is she out already?" I asked.

"Yeah, she is" Momo spoke and got on the bed next to me, not caring if anyone were to burst into the room "It hasn't been long since she woke up. They're going to take the bandages off in an hour or so and the girls decided to go home and rest for a while. We wanted Mina and Chae to have this beautiful moment all to themselves"

"I'm so glad Wendy made me come back to Seoul" I whispered almost starting crying again "I can't believe this is happening" I said and Momo held me close, letting me rest my head on the crook of her neck.

"I'm so lucky to have met you again" Momo said "Our first meeting was quite emotional I must say" she giggled.

"It hurt me seeing you so broken, even if I barely knew you"