Chapter 21: Vicious Circle

"Did we really have to drive all the way here to get the results?" Momo asked Sana as they made their way in the hospital.

"I didn't want to take the tests in Seoul, someone could find out. Besides, doctor Akiyama is the only doctor I trust with this" the girl replied "And..I don't want to upset anyone, especially Tzuyu"

"You have to tell them" Momo spoke "Especially if the tests are possible"

"You make it sound like I'm pregnant!" Sana whined and sat on the chair outside the doctor's office.

"I wish you were" the older whispered, fishing her phone from her pocket "Seriously though, if you don't tell them I will"

"What if I'm fine?" Sana furrowed her eyebrows "Maybe this is all a coincidence" she shrugged, hoping to believe the lies she has been telling herself.

"You're not fine, we both know it. Taking a look your medical history, your symptoms make total sense!" Momo raised her voice "It's better if you accept it now--"

"Minatozaki Sana?" a woman's voice interrupted the two, letting them in her office.

"Hello, doctor Akiyama" Sana greeted.

"You know how much I love you, Sana, but I hope I'd never see you again" the doctor bitterly smiled. "Hello, Momo"

"Doctor Akiyama, hey" the girl bowed and helped Sana take a seat across of the oldest woman.

"You grown so much since the last time I bid goodbye to you. The day you left the hospital after months, it was really touching. Your smile..it was so beautiful that day" doctor Akiyama spoke, her hand finding the younger's on the table and squeezing it gently "I hate seeing you like this, Sana"

"Please don't make me cry" the girl pleaded "I'm only here for the results"

The doctor nodded. She didn't even have to look at her files, the words she was about to say Sana had already heard. It was unexpected, saying these words out loud for the second time after years.

"Sana, you've been diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia" doctor Akiyama spoke.

"I'm stuck in a fucking vicious circle" Sana mumbled, these words sounds painfully familiar.