Chapter 14: Genius

"W-What?" Momo jumped up, her face potrayed pure horror "Isn't it too e-early?"

"It is.." I breathed out 

"It's alright, we-we'll figure it out" she announced and ran to my side "How are you feeling?

"I don't know" I replied "I'm.." I could feel the panick attack coming.

"Uh..Okay, just hold on a little longer" Momo scratched the back of her head and got back up, banging the closed door harder.

As time passed, the pain got intense and the air in the elevator started to get limited. Momo had stopped banging on the door and had tried calling Sana, to no avail. There was no signal and her battery was slowly dying.

"Momo.." I breathed out, unable to form sentences.

"I don't know what I'm doing" she whined and leaned her head against the door while I started crying out in pain.

"I do not wish to talk to you or be with you any longer" a man's voice sounded from outside "You cheated on me with our highschool bestfriend, hyung" doctor Yoongi spoke.

"Dahyun, babe!" Momo called out "Someone is outside, they can help us" she smiled and ran over to me, kissing me and then hurrying back to the door.

"Jin and I are done, Yoongi-ah. Please give me another chance" Namjoon said.

"You left the country together knowing how much Taehyung leaving had hurt me" doctor Min replied "The man I fell in love with, still being unsure of who I was, cheated on me with one of my bestfriends since forever and later decided to leave me behind like my step-brother did. You were both aware how much this affected me. He was the only person who truly loved me in my familly and decided to leave me alone with them, to let me get verbally and physically abused by them every day and every night, every damn second of the day" Yoongi spoke and Momo's jaw dropped to the floor. 

It would've been really insulting to interupt them but if we didn't, I would've given birth in an elevator, two months earlier than it was supposed to happen.

"We're really sorry, Yoongi. You know Seokjin, after his girlfriend found out and his sister got mad at him he wanted to give her a taste of her own medicine" Namjoon replied.

Momo gasped and turned to look at me as my groans and moans of pain became louder. Did we really have to find out how much of a bad person Seokjin is while being trapped inside an elevator and with a baby pushing it's way out of my body?

"The diference between them, Namjoon, is that Dahyun-ssi left because she wanted to pursue her dreams while he left because he what? Wanted to worry his sister sick and get back at her for leaving years ago? I cannot fathom how you're stil defending him. He has hurt multiple people, including her, who deserved nothing more but support and love. We know his family and what the girl has been through with her mother's passing and the way Seokjin always acted around her made everything worse. I do not understand how she still loves him" the man spoke.

"Do you know doctor Min? Like, personally?" Momo asked and brushed my sweaty hair out of my face, kissing my forehead.

"I--AH--No..I don't think so. Why?" I asked and gripped her hand, screaming in pain.

"It's nothing.." she smiled "Just wait a little longer and I will get us out of here" she spoke and cleread her throat. 

"Please don't leave" I moaned and she smiled, rubbing my back.

It seemed like an idea had popped up in her head as she walked from next to me to in front of the door. Standing there, she searched through her bag for something while reaching to pick up the paper cup she had been provided with at the hospital cafeteria.

"I really like this hospital. They care for the environment and give us ways of saving ourselves. Plastic is a big no-no" Momo spoke and pulled a napkin out of her bag.

With a wide grin she wiped the paper cup clean and unlocked her phone. Her fingers were shaking, she was getting really terrified by my screams. Furrowing her brows she scrolled through her gallery, groaning when she couldn't find what she was looking for.

"Come on. Where is it?" she whined, a wave of Japanese curse words I couldn't decipher rolling off her tongue. "Tell me I didn't delete it. I always wanted to use it as blackmail" Momo spoke before squealing loudly and placing her phone inside the paper cup.

"W-What is this, baby?" I asked, feeling lightheaded.

"It's a video of Seokjin and I when we first started dating.." she replied and I pouted, making her giggle "It was the night Namjoon's first single dropped and we were together in Seokjin's house jamming loudly to it. We were slightly drunk and wanted to piss Namjoon off so we recorded this video of us singing his song. If he's able to hear it now, he'll probably come closer and find someone to get us out of here" Momo proudly announced and high-fived herself.

After a momment of silence, the video of Momo and Seokjin singing their hearts out to Namjoon's first song started playing. I had never heard Momo sing, she always refused to do all the years we've been together. I figured she was insecure about it, just like I was, and claimed she didn't know how to. However, when I listened to her voice I felt at ease. It was soft, low and beautiful. It made me forget that I had a living creature pushing it's way out my body and put a smile on her face.

"Is that.." Namjoons voice sounded closer to the elevator.

"YAH! GET US OUT OF HERE" Momo shouted and more voices sounded out of the door.

Everyone was hurrying to get us out of the elevator when hearing about my condition, but I couldn't pay much attention to them. The pain had gotten too much and we were running out of air. However, I couldn't help but to give all my focus to Momo's voice. It was one of the best things I had ever heard and I would definitely make her sing more often. 

"We're terribly sorry miss Kim" doctor Min spoke as soon as the door opened and nurses hurried by my side, taking me away from Momo.

Even if I was too far away from her after a while, I could still hear her captivating voice in the video. I smiled, apart from a great person and partner she was also a genius. A genius, who came up with the best DIY speakers, although being trapped in an elevator with her wife going into labor. I admired how random this knowledge of her was, knowing that putting your phone in a paper cup would increase the decibel coming from it's speaker.

"I love you, Dahyunie" Momo shouted from afar and the last thing I heard before passing out from the pain was her adorable giggle from the video.