𝟬𝟭𝟯. who are you?

【 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ━━ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 】

𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻, mask off, princess𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻'𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻'𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LONG AGO, WHEN EUROPEAN royals grew bored with palace balls, they took a page from the peons and added some pageantry

Couture and canapés are just another Saturday night. Until you add a mask but preparing for a ball is an event itself.

Which is why queens invented handmaidens, "Katie mentioned something about a corset made of cotton and there are wigs involved." S hums as we are all seated on Blairs' bed.

"It's a masquerade. You have to conceal your identity." B tells our blond friend, "Especially you." B adds turning to me. Nodding, I take a deep breath, shifting my gaze to Serena, "Again, I'm so sorry, S." I apologize.

"And again apology accepted. You were drunk and upset. Trust me, I have been there." she reassures, holding my hand.

Sending her a smile back, I nod, "Other news, B, has something special planned for Nate." I say changing the subject. As it is quite embarrassing to remember a drunken rant.

"It's a game." B smiles, happy to tell her plans, "It's a scavenger hunt." she says correcting her previous words, "Nate starts the night with a clue, which leads him to a lady in waiting." she starts to explain, "Who gives him the clue to the next lady—" B says.

"Wait, hold on. You have ladies now?" S questions.

"If he finds me at midnight before the masks come off, he can claim his prize." Blair continues ignoring S her question, "And what's that?" Serena asks. Making Blair wiggle her brows, "Oh... Yeah, right. Sorry." the blond says awkwardly.

Groaning I fall back on the bed, "I want to lose it too." I whine out, "And you will." S tells me, "I know, just-" I sigh, "Never mind, this is more important. Especially after everything that happened." I wave off.