𝟬𝟯𝟮. birth, death & SAT's

【 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ━━ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 】

𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼, like a broken record𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗮

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗮.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THERE ARE THREE THINGS we do alone

THERE ARE THREE THINGS we do alone. We are born, we die, and if we're a high school junior headed for college, you take the S.A.T's. And while the test is said to measure our best traits, preparing for it inevitably brings out the worst.

Humility becomes self-doubt. Striving becomes obsession. Some are driven to self-medication. While others cling to the security of being part of a group. And anyone who's used to bending the rules will find themselves breaking them.

Then you have our lovely coffee drinking princess pouring in her medication and stuffing her face deep into the books and studying like the good girl she is. This time solo, or a partner in crime?

Biting my hair I wait restlessly for Miss Rumple to add up all my points of my final practice exam. Having done every other one in this book, tracing the mug, she places her pen done, "Got all the math." she starts.

Making me smile, "What about English?" I question, "A little less." turning the results to me. Reading it over for what feels the millionth time, my lips stay parted at the stunning results, looking up, "You did it, love."

Seated at the round table in our schools' yard I continue munching my bread, reading over my binder as my two companions scroll through their phones, "2200 hundred, fair." B hums, "It's the ninety-nine percent tile." S reminds her as I let the conversation pass me by, "Which means Nelly Yuki will probably get 2300."

"You don't even talk to her, why do you care?" Serena questions, which makes me lookup. Where B rolls her eyes at, "Nelly Yuki has her sights set on Yale too. What are the odds of them accepting two girls from Constance?" the brunette asks her.

"I would say not high. But I do know Yale is trying to break their stereotypical all A's student rate." I offer, "So I need to be the below? No thanks." Blair denies.