𝟬𝟯𝟵. dancing in the moonlight

【 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ━━ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 】

𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲, starry- eye & night𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 '𝗶 𝗱𝗼' 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 '𝗶 𝗱𝗼' 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ON TOP OF THE highest tower in New York City, is the last place most start to look for a person

ON TOP OF THE highest tower in New York City, is the last place most start to look for a person. That's unless your name is Valerie. Then it's the first place to look, a weird sense buzzing through her veins by being so close to the edge yet never falling.

Looking down, seeing the maze that is NYC, being able to see the cars run like insects. The lights that never dim, a sheer illusion of everything being brighter than it actually is. Except for today, today is a brighter day.

"How did you find this place?" a voice breaks.

Moving her eyes over the abandoned boardroom. Her fingers trace over the oval table, "It's my dads' building. He moved his headquarters, but the building still stands."

Standing infant of the large picture windows, I take a deep breath. Taking in her favourite view, just like he did his, "Virgo." I whisper, identifying the constellation.

Letting the boy be confused. As I follow the starts with my eyes, "The Big Dipper, Arcturus, Spica."

Humming, I move my gaze to the boy next to me whom cluelessly stares at the sky above him. Explaining the constellation, "Yeah." he nods. Making me raise a brow, "Really, yeah. Or 'I can see anything, yeah'?" I ask.

"I can't see anything." he denies. Chuckling softly at I take his hand, wrapping his arm around me, "Just watch my finger." I instruct, "Follow the curve of the Big Dipper, down to Arcturus. That takes you right to Spica. And there is Virgo." my finger tapping the glass infant of us.

Glancing if he was watching, he is looking. Just not at the stars, "You got that?" I ask softly. Making the hazel-eyed boy shake his head, "Not really."

"Okay, what is the brightest star?" I ask instead, which he points out, "Yes, that's Spica." I smile, "That's the brightest star on the Virgo constellation, that you are now most definitely looking at."

Looking back at the boy, he bites his lip, successfully gaining my attention. Feeling a heat rush to my cheeks, I look back up. Inching closer, his lips softly press against mine.

Twirling the girl outwards. Before pulling the girl close once more, they sway. With closed eyes holding on to the most important thing in the world. Knowing the truth.

Knowing what is unsaid, is still - and maybe always will stay - true. With that in mind, the next words were uttered. Not realising it would change everything they have ever known;

"I love you."

authors note     && that was act one

authors note     && that was act one. i know, right?!?! as i want to wrap up some other stories, and need to re-watch season 2 to make sure what i want to happen next, it will be continued somewhere next year.

until than, let me know who you ship! thomarlie - tom and val - or willarie - will and val - maybe neither. lmk!

xoxo ezra