Prologue

I'm the kind of girl who loves shows and movies. Going on the internet, publishing things on social network, but not in a "I display my life continuously, look at me, I'm boring!" kinda way. I like to listen to music, a little of all styles but with a preference for the soundtracks of series and films as well as rock and metal. And classical, don't forget classical. My favourite is Chopin.

I like reading, I read a lot in fact. Books, comics, mangas. Fanfictions too. Lot of fanfictions.

My name is Alvia. Well, that's what I tell people anyway. I keep my real name to myself. I'm not sure what others could do with it. Paranoid? No! I'm just realistic to my situation.

What situation, you ask? The most unfeasible, the most impossible, and the most incredible.

I'm French. I was born on September 9th, 2000 and grew up in France for almost 19 years. 'Almost' is the key word. Before I could go home for school after the All Saint's holidays, I found myself far from a home that I can now never return to. I grew up in a loving family, with everything that any child would want.

I left my Grandmother's at the end of the February holidays. After several hours of train travel, I arrived at the station where I found myself on the bus returning home.

I never arrived at my destination. There was a weather warning in the southwest for a small storm, but in truth, it was a rather large one.

I was sitting alone at the back of the bus, my bags on the floor and my suitcase on the other side of me. The rain fell quickly and violently, and it was impossible for me to see through the window. Despite my earphones and the music in my ears, I could still hear the thunder rumbling loudly, shaking the windows with its force. The driver had drastically slowed down the bus and the lightning constantly lit the sky, as if someone was playing with a light switch.

I had closed my eyes, tired by the long hours of travelling, and fell asleep little by little to the vibrations of the engine. Within moments I was drifting off to sleep - which was a bit of a mistake.

It's crazy how quickly an accident can happen. In seconds the bus deviated violently from its path. I don't know what happened next, but what I do know is that if we had had an accident, I should be dead or injured and not carried by a white light to London along with my belongings.

You read correctly, in one blink, me and my things went from a road accident in France to rainy park.

XXXX

I was on the ground, my bags and suitcase next to me. The rain soaked through my clothes quickly and I blinked in disbelief. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I ended up staying in the rain long enough to alert a woman. She came quickly over to me and spoke in a language that I did not at first understand, but quickly recognized words from the English language.

"Hey? Are you all right?"

"I... I think... Where am I?"

"In London, darling! Do you want me to call for help? Is there anyone specific I can call?"

"I... I..."

The woman helped me up and gathered my belongings. She took my suitcase and one of my bags.

"You look completely lost, come to my place. A good cup of tea and warmth is what you need. Come on, come on!"

The woman led me to her home. An apartment with walls painted yellow. She gently pushed me down onto a cream couch. I put my bag to the side and tried to think despite the shock. How? How? Could I teleport myself? Is it a dream? Am I in a coma? Am I dead? Oh my God! I am dead?!