The Darkness of the Spirit

His warm hand holding mine was pulling gently as he led me through the corridors to a destination unknown. But a few minutes later, my curiosity was finally rewarded. The Doctor pushed a dark wooden door that once had colored engraving, gilded if I'm not mistaken.

He released my hand and invited me to enter the room doing a butler imitation and despite the constant beating of my head, I allowed myself to gently laugh at his facial expressions. The room exceeded all my expectations, it was calm and warm. The room was circular, had a heavy parquet floor covered with a huge blue round rug, the wall was white stone and was a certain place hidden by book-filled bookshelves, spellbinding and artifacts. The room had a fireplace that at the time was off and also had two sofas and an armchair covered with a fabric that looked soft and smooth blue, like the carpet. But it wasn't a thing compared to the ceiling, which in my opinion was the most impressive and the most beautiful in my eyes. It was a glass roof almost similar to that of the Grand Palais in Paris. I could see through the glass the infinite space with its galaxies some planets and stars. A real dream.

"It's the observatory. It was already there when I stole the Tardis in my first body," the Doctor gently said behind me as he slowly closed the door. "As far as I know, only the old Tardis had an observatory and we both know that my magnificent vessel was only a forgotten antiquity in a museum for Tardis ..."

"It's beautiful," I breathed in wonder. "That's how I would imagine the Ravenclaw common room in Harry Potter. "

He chuckled softly and led me to the sofa by putting a hand on my back between my shoulder blades. We sat on the same sofa and the texture was the sweetest I've ever touched before; not even the extraterrestrial silk that I had touched in a market with the 9th Doctor could compare.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The Doctor asked again. " It's up to you. "

"You have to do it," I said seriously. "I can't leave my mind in this state, I can't leave my helpless spirit to anyone who can reach it, if some of my knowledge was in bad hands, it wouldn't only cause your death, but the end of reality itself. "

The Doctor stared at me quietly before nodding. He took off his shoes and crossed his legs on the couch as I did the same.

"Do you know a few things about telepathy? "

"You need to touch my temples to access them, I know you can force me to fall asleep, erase memories or walk in my memories. And if I don't want you to have access to some things, I have to imagine a closed door. "

"Very good," congratulated the Doctor. "First of all, I will penetrate your mind to observe and graze its surface, I will help you build walls of defense, if I don't notice something abnormal I will go in your memories to see what Cassandra saw and what she called 'darkness'. "

His hands rested on both sides of my face, his fingers gently landing against my temples and the freshness of his hands were pleasant against my skin.

"Close your eyes ..." he murmured softly. "And breathe slowly. "

I did what he asked of me and it took me a few minutes for my breathing and my heart to be slow and quiet. While the dull thump in my head had been relaying to the last shots, I could feel in my mind a slight presence touching me.

"That's it, Alvia ... Open your mind." He added.

His presence became clearer, and I gasped in surprise, realizing how old and immensely his mind was. His mind gently brushed mine as if to say hello.

"I feel you." I whispered admiringly.

Just as I feel you, the Doctor murmured in my mind. I will now start to inspect your mind. Remember if you don't want me to see your mind then ...