Christmas Invasion

Big smile. A big warm smile. That's how I welcomed this new Doctor. This new Doctor who turned to pilot the console by activating some buttons and levers, also checking the monitor.

"18 hours ... Tuesday ... October ... 5006 ... On the way to Barcelona!" He exclaimed, turning to us. "Now then, what do I look like?" He asked.

I was going to answer him, but as usual in this incarnation, he would not give us the time to answer him. Indeed, he didn't do it.

"No, no, no, no, no, don't tell me anything. Let me guess, two legs, two arms ... " he listed, taking his wrist in his hand. "Slight weakness in the rotation of the wrist ..."

His hands flew to his hair.

"HAIR! I'm not bald!" He said, marveling at his hair and grinning. "Oh – Oh! Big hair! "

He lowered his hands a little, touching his sideburns.

"Sideburns! I have sideburns! Or very bad skin ... " he mumbled before hitting his stomach. "Little bit thinner, it's weird but give me some time, I'll get used to it. "

Then suddenly his face looked like someone who made the most wonderful discovery.

"I ... I have a mole. I can feel it, between my shoulders. I have a mole. But it's all right, love moles! Go on them, tell me! What do you think?" He asked finally, ready for our assessment.

"You look fantastic!" I said with a little laugh wiping the moisture in the corner of my eyes.

He approached a little, smiling big, excited and brown eyes like those of a puppy discovering the world.

"Really?"

"Yeah ..."

"Who are you?" Rose asked suddenly with a small voice.

The smile that had been so big on the Doctor's lips stiffened a little.

"I'm the Doctor," he said puzzled and a little surprised.

"No," she refuted, shaking her head. "Where is he? Where's the Doctor? What have you done to him?" She asked, voice rising.

"But you saw me, I changed! Right in front of you!" He said, gesturing over his shoulder at the place where he regenerated.

"I saw him ... explode and then you replaced him, like... teleportation, or a transfer, a body swap or something. "

The Doctor didn't even try to say anything, he seemed to have lost the words. Rose passed in front of me, pushing him at arm's length. He swayed on his heels, not seeming to believe what she had just said.

"You're not fooling me. I saw a lot of things. Nanogenes ... Gelth ... Slitheen, " she said, glaring at him and lowering her tone on the last word.

I sniffed to restrain the laughter that was coming out of me as the Doctor raised his eyebrows.

"Oh my god, are you a Slitheen?"

"I'm not a Slitheen," the Doctor answered calmly.

I don't know how I managed to keep calm and not sneer at Rose's words. I mean, we faced the Slitheen twice but enough times to know that their human skin suits were those of overweight people. Not a skinny person like the Doctor.

"Bring him back! I warn you, send the Doctor back right now!"

"Rose, it's me!" Said the Doctor. "Honestly, it's me! I was dying. To save my own life, I changed my body, every cell, but ... it's still me. "

"It's impossible, you can't be", rejected Rose. "That's not human. "

"Rose, you forget he's not human," I told her, taking her arms and rubbing my hands to reassure her.