Tooth and Claw

I was in my bath, enjoying the hot water mixed with skincare products listening to music from the video game 'The Witcher 3' when another music of a completely different style mixed with mine. I groaned at my wasted pleasure and I ended my time of care and rest. I grabbed the nearest towel to cover my body before removing any water that ran down my curves and rubbed my hair vigorously to remove the most moisture before brushing and leaving.

I rushed to get dressed. I took a red t-shirt with a very light black polo shirt before taking a black hooded vest and my frock coat. I have my faithful skinny black high waist pants and red vans too. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I let out an amused sniff. I felt like I was wearing a 12th Doctor cosplay. I rushed to retrieve an apple which I put in a pocket before heading to the empty console room.

A bit of annoyance floated in my mind before I hunted him immediately, it was not the moment nor the situation to be angry, I did not have to complain any more. I lived the craziest dreams of my fandom. The Doctor could go anywhere with anyone, I didn't have to be jealous, especially when I knew the Doctor would never love me like that.

Feelings aside, I finally opened the door of Tardis to go out. I was not greeted by gusts of wind and I was happy to wear a sweater; on the other hand, I was less happy with the weapon pointed at me.

"And who are you, miss?" Asked the man with gun, perched on a black horse. "And why are you wearing an outfit that is so strange and unsuitable for your gender?"

Wow, hello sexism. I'd forgotten how irritating the past could be, especially when it came to women and their outfits.

Bâtard de misogyne, I thought darkly.

"She's with me! This is my apprentice!" Exclaimed the Doctor with a Scottish accent as he went to fetch me. "Always late, a bit lazy that one."

Have I told you before, that I adored the Scottish accent? That and the northern accent and the typical English accent were my favorites. I don't know how I managed not to groan with pleasure at hearing the Scottish accent rolling over the Doctor's tongue as he spoke.

"Yes of course. This is completely normal; all good Doctors see each other in the company of an apprentice. Please come back here." Ordered a woman in the carriage a little further away.

The Doctor took me there with a hand behind my back.

"Lazy and late?" I hissed violently, glaring at him. "I'll show you what the lazy and late can do!"

"Now, now... Alvia, this is Queen Victoria, Empress of India and Protector of the Faith," said the Doctor, repeating what he had said to Rose.

I bowed my head respectfully. It was an honour to meet someone so important in history, even if she was not part of my history.

"Alvia Saxon, Your Majesty. It's an honour to meet you."

She was obviously less happy to meet me, because the slight smile she was wearing had disappeared and her eyes had cooled.

"A Frenchwoman on my lands? I hope you are not aiming to bewitch the minds of my subjects with your thoughts and revolutionary propaganda."

Yeah ... She absolutely didn't like me actually. I feel that this adventure was going to end badly for me.

"It would be to abuse the hospitality of my superior. I am only here to learn all the knowledge that can be offered to me by the Doctor." I replied coldly and with a forced smile.

"I hope so." Replied the Queen with the same tone.

"No offense, madam." The Doctor intervened suddenly. "May I ask you why your majesty is traveling by road when there is a train to Aberdeen?"