Bad Wolf & Parting of the Way

Arms brought me back to consciousness. I tensed immediately, pushing the aid a few seconds later and falling to the ground again.

"Get up, go! Get up!"

I grunted when the arms lifted me up again, but I finally managed to stand. My head was fuzzy, I could not remember my own name, why do I have two in my mind?

"Hey ... How are you? The transmat did not do too much? Can you tell me what is your name?

"Yeah ... One second, I'm ..."

I opened my mouth to say my name before taking a break. No, the name I was going to give wasn't the right one.

"Alvia, yeah it's Alvia, I'm Alvia," I said a moment later, head still a little blurry. "Where am I?"

I observed the person who helped me, he was a tall, gentle man. Blue eyes, hair and beard a light brown color, and prominent cheekbones. An almost perfect lookalike of Tom Hiddleston, but with the voice of Loki. There was that little noble tone that made all the difference.

A man shouted an order, but my head was still too vague for me to understand.

"We're running out of time," Tom's look-alike said. "Listen, I need you to sing. No matter the song. I need a song to be able to dance. You have to do it, do you understand?!"

His hands, pressing urgently at my shoulders, hurt me slightly but made me understand the urgency of the situation.

"I think I can do that but tell me, where am I?"

He was going to answer me but two people with microphones and earphones, including the man who was screaming a few seconds before, took us by the shoulders and led us on a sort of theater scene merged with a TV set. My heart was beating urgently, and I could feel it in my being that something was wrong with this whole situation.

I was walking slowly, and certainly too slowly for those adults in a hurry.

"Team Vulpes, it's yours in 10 seconds! 10 ... 9 ... 8 ..."

And so, began a countdown to zero. I looked nervously at my partner, thinking of any song that I could sing and whose lyrics were complete. In all my repertoire, I could not choose a song and I had to do it.

The lights came on suddenly, illuminating a panel of five metal android. And suddenly the discomfort I felt was totally justified. I was on the satellite Five. I was on this damn satellite with the ghost threat of the dalek above us. I was on the satellite five where Bad Wolf was going to be created and the Doctor regenerates.

"2 ... 1 ... 0! Everyone is silent, turn on the jury!"

"Welcome to Adaptation!"

The jury woke up, their eyes were only red and blue, making their eyes cold and empty. I felt like I had demons in front of me.

"You are the Vulpes team, present your name and your role." Asked one of the androids.

"I am Jölvun, I'll be the dancer."

"I am Alvia and I would sing ..." I answered with a few seconds of hesitation.

"Welcome Jölvun and Alvia, please present us your first song."

First. The Android had said first, I was going to have to sing several times, oh my god ... How was I going to do it?! And if I chose a song that did not exist in this world?! Calm down Alvia, take a classic to start. You will adapt the rest afterwards.

"So?"

"I ... I'll sing 'Moi Lolita' by Alizée."

"A French variety? Commented a male android. I approve in advance."