Echos of Time

I froze at the voice. How? Why was he here? It was too soon to see him again. I turned around slowly staring wide-eyed at the hot, flirty captain.

"Jack...?" I gasped in shock, not believing what I was seeing right now.

"You scared us! We've been looking for you for an hour. We weren't supposed to split up because of the mist." he rumbled without noticing my shock.

Still in shock I made a vague apology which seemed to satisfy Jack Harkness.

"Come on, let's go back to the Doctor and Rose's side. They're not far away."

He dragged me along with him as the mist gradually disappeared. Jack put one hand behind my back and slid it down my back, making me stiff. I spread his hand before taking a few steps away from him.

"Alvia?" Jack asked. "Is something wrong?"

I was going to say yes, there was a problem. But just as I was about to speak, Rose's voice echoed. She was younger, and sounded less vicious than the Rose who was at her mother's house right now.

"Jack! " called the blond girl.

"Over here! " shouted Jack.

Rose appeared after a few moments jogging, followed by the Doctor. The ninth. My first Doctor.

"No need to look for Alvia, we've found her! "

And behind the Doctor was me. A younger me, shorter hair, no glasses, the long beige coat and a sheepish smile on the lips.

"What do you mean by you found her?" asked Jack confusedly as he looked at me, while the trio finally came towards us. The mist had almost disappeared and I couldn't disappear incognito. "I found her too."

I can feel troubles beginning... I thought suddenly.

They turned to me with surprise before Rose and the Doctor's eyes became suspicious while the eyes of my young self were confused. So, this is what I looked like when I was confused? It's so weird to see each other, it was completely different from the mirror because it looked like a different person. Even though it was me, we had the same thoughts, the same reflexes, the same past.

I could almost understand how people felt in the Ganger episode with the Flesh.

"Who the hell are you? " scolded the Doctor, his voice sounding dangerously loud as he took a threatening step towards me. "Why did you take on Alvia's appearance? What's your intention?"

"What? Seriously? "I said suddenly with an incredulous, mocking laugh. "Is that all you can think about? I'm extremely disappointed."

I mentally smacked myself in the face. Of all the things I could say, that was that. I wasn't better than the Doctor. Especially as he was quite protective of me - not that my Doctor wasn't, but he showed it differently - and he could be really dangerous when he attacked someone, I can still remember the first time he was mad at me - it was when I first got into the Tardis.

"Last chance. " he cut off sharply.

"Seriously, Doctor, I know you're an idiot with a blue box, but this is bordering on profound stupidity right now. "I kept going before I looked at my younger self. "Oi, Tximinoa. Tell him."

My youngest self-widened her eyes at the nickname my father sometimes used and she finally spoke.

"That' s definitely me, Doctor." She said, hand on his arm before turning to me with an annoyed look on her face. " Tu sais que ce surnom m'agace. "

"C'est exactement pourquoi je l'ai choisie, foxy." I teased.

"Tu vas vraiment ressortir tous les surnoms qu'on a eu? "