World War Three

After a moment of shock, the Doctor took, with considerable effort, an electric card in his hand. Of course, that caused him pain and after staggering towards the Slitheen he plunged it into the Alien's chest. He screamed in pain along with the other Slitheen.

"Deadly to humans, maybe."

The electricity went off for the bodies and I rushed to one of the experts who had removed the card. I checked for her pulse and sighed with relief when I felt one. I think it stunned those who didn't wear it. The Doctor ran out of the room and I had to follow him. The Slitheen were still screaming in pain.

The doctor came to the hallway by the entrance and found security in the reception room. I followed him closely, breathless.

"Oi, You want aliens, you've got them. They're inside Downing Street." He said, clapping his hands. "Come on!"

We made a U-turn followed by the guards. I groaned about the fact that I could have stayed close to the experts, only to remind myself that the aliens themselves were there too.

When we arrived, I could see that Green was helping Asquith refine his disguise before they noticed us and stopped.

"Where've you been?"

Security began to check the experts for signs of life.

"I called for help, I sounded the alarm. There was this lightning, a kind of er... um... electricity, and they all collapsed!"

"Some are still alive!" Remarked one of the guards. "They don't have their cards around their necks! The others are dead!"

"That's what I'm saying!" Growled the Prime Minister before pointing at us. "It's them, this girl and this man over there!"

"I think you will find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise."

I face-palmed. That doesn't work on him and it won't work on Queen Elizabeth. The Doctor noted the ineffectiveness of his intervention.

"That's never going to work, is it?"

"Nope."

"Fair enough."

He took my hand and ran out of the room, I struggled to keep up with him, but luckily, he was holding my hand. Security followed us and quickly we were surrounded with our back to the elevator. He puts his hands in the air smiling as I quietly press the call button of the elevator.

"Under the jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols, I authorize you to execute this man and that girl!"

They ready their guns, but I could see that some were uncomfortable killing a girl as young as me. I think it's my size that gives the illusion of youth. I hate my size.

"Uh, well, now, yes... You see, uh, the thing is, If I was you, if I was going to execute someone by backing them against the wall, between you and me, little word of advice."

I heard the elevator 'ping' and the door opened behind us.

"Don't stand them against the lift!"

We walked backwards into the elevator and the Doctor quickly closed the door with his sonic screwdriver. He pressed on the first-floor button and the lift went up. I leant on the wall, trying to recover my strength.

We reached the first floor and the door opened on another Alien and I stiffened. The Doctor closed the door with the sonic.

"You know you could just hit the button like a normal person."

"Now, why would I do that when I have this!" He said, showing me his screwdriver.

We reached the second floor where we went out looking for stairs. We finally found them, and then we heard the sergeant downstairs barking his orders in the distance. We heard the 'ping' of the elevator and the Doctor pulled me back so that we could hide between the door and a lamp. He held me tight against his chest so that we wouldn't be spotted. I had to turn my head to the side otherwise I was going to suffocate in the Doctor's t-shirt. I couldn't help but inhale deeply and his smell invaded my nose. You know, breathing is useful for living.