Sweet Time

It was a strange feeling to be in new territory. I, who was used to knowing just about what was going to happen and experiencing what I had already seen, felt like I was blindly advancing on an unexplored path.

Rose, after the trip to the parallel world where we fought Cybermen and met her father's alternative version, had decided to stay with her mother for a while. Her mother, who had forced the Doctor and I to give her explanations in a replica of a children's scenario scolded by their parents. Both of us had to explain to her in broad strokes what had happened and why Rose seemed to be in a miserable way. After that we were chased out of the apartments and took refuge inside the Tardis with the only information that Rose will call us when she will be ready to travel with us again.

The ambience in the Tardis was... how can I put it... awkward? It was the first time we'd both been alone in the TARDIS. Before that there'd always been someone with us, Jack - God, I miss him - or Mickey or even Rose.

Sitting in the pilot's chair in the console room of the Tardis, I observed the Doctor working under the console, maintaining his ship after the two chaotic crossings between the two parallel dimensions. He had removed his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves, his tie was loosened slightly but still hung around his neck, and he was wearing his glasses. He was highly focused on his repairs; his mouth was a bit open and I could see his tongue bending to touch his palate; his eyes seemed fixed, but I knew that if I got close and paid enough attention I could see them moving at full speed in different directions as he examined and analysed his work.

The doctor had a talent for looking sexy in any circumstance.

"Ah!" suddenly shouted the doctor before he put his finger in his mouth.

I let out a chuckle as I watched the Doctor insult the Tardis after being shocked for the tenth time in five minutes.

"Maybe if you were maintaining the Tardis by following the instructions in the manual that you threw out, maybe the Tardis wouldn't spark your fingertips every time you tried to fix something. " I gently teased the Doctor.

"I know what I'm doing!"

"Clearly not, if she sparks you every time you try something, it means you don't know what you're doing," I rebutted with a cheeky smile. "Just like you don't know how to drive, by the way." I added after a few seconds.

He raised his head towards me, as he made a funny and outraged noise. I simply had a laugh, softly moving my head, slipping a few strands out of my bun, before getting up and walking through the bowels of the Tardis towards the kitchen.

I put hot water on the stove to make myself some tea. My fingers rhythmically tapped the wood on the worktop as I hesitated between two teas. My choice turned to an Asian black tea and I finished preparing my tea by adding sugar and waiting for the tea in the hot, steaming liquid to infuse completely. The rhythm of four resounded repeatedly on the work surface as I quietly tapped my fingers on it when a hand larger and wider than my hand wrapped its fingers with mine, interrupting the rhythm of four. Another arm wrapped around my chest and a pair of fresh lips gently pressed against my neck as a kiss was placed on it. I couldn't hold back the pleasant shiver that followed the kiss before turning slightly on myself to see the Doctor.

"Did you finish the TARDIS maintenance? "I asked with a slight smile.

"Not really, but I can finish it during your sleeping time." replied the Doctor, as he gently moved his thumb in a circle across the skin of my hand.

I hummed softly as I dipped a finger in my tea to test the temperature and quickly removed it. Still too hot.

"What are we doing now? »