The Girl in the Fireplace

I was ready and headed for the console room with a pin between my teeth as I hung my hair. When I was finished I was at the end of the corridor, watching the Doctor tweak his sonic screwdriver. When I looked at him a little more closely I noticed a change in him.

"Did you cut your hair?"

He looked up sharply at the sound of my voice, it seemed he was far too focused to have heard me.

"I did some touch-up yes, what do you think?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"As long as you're not completely bald, everything is fine with me. And is it gel?" I asked as I approached to gently touch his locks.

He hums with affirmation as he gets closer to me.

"This incarnation is definitely more apt for vanity ..." I whispered, tightening his tie a little.

His lips curved in a lazy smile as he played with one of my curls. It seemed like I could send the devil all my promises and restrictions about the Doctor. I couldn't stand still when he was so close to me and he offered me a tempting smile.

"You don't seem to be complaining though," he said as if he was purring.

My cheeks slowly started to blush as my lips curved in an identical though slightly more mischievous smile.

"No complaints from me." I laughed softly as I became a little more ambitious in our relationship.

His fingers slowly and gently pulled one of my locks while his lips gathered in an adorable pout.

"I'm jealous, you're ginger and not me. I'm sure I would have looked absolutely awesome with red hair. "

The image of the Doctor with red hair came to my mind before yellow eyes like those of a snake replaced his usually brown eyes and the memory of having some pictures of David Tennant with his red dye and a haircut similar to that of the Doctor, on my phone suddenly come back to me. This reminder was like a light bulb that suddenly lit above my head and I suddenly backed up, frantically looking for my phone on me.

"I've something to show you, you'll surely like it! Just let me find my phone," I said, rummaging through the inside pockets of my dark gray frock coat with burgundy red lining.

I finally took out my phone, turned it on and searched among all my photos while hiding the screen from the Doctor, knowing that there were spoilers and everything... finally I found the right photos and I showed him the phone, so he can see the pictures there.

"Hey! It's me!"

"Doctor, let's introduce you to the actor who plays your role as well as many other great roles in other movies and series, David Tennant."

"He was born ginger?"

"No!" I laughed. "He's brown like you, he just used a dye for one of his roles in a series ... Good Omens."

"From Neil Gaiman?"

"Yup. And in this series, he plays Crowley, the demon. It may not be a natural ginger, but even as a color it suits David Tennant. And I think that would suit you too."

The Doctor looked even more delighted than before and grabbed my shoulders before kissing my forehead energetically.

"I could dye my hair! And I would finally be ginger!! Well, not natural, but still ginger! Ah!" He exclaimed with joy. "Alvia! You are brilliant!"

My cheeks ignited slowly as he complimented me again and again. The kiss on the forehead didn't help any more. I awkwardly put my phone in my coat before plunging my hands into the outside pockets.