Prologue

(Y/N)=Your (First) Name

• • •

You refused to sit as that mad man looked a you, a lustful look in his eyes. You had gained enough energy to fight back.

"Are you ready to have some fun?" the young man cooed. He had slick black hair and red eyes. He was average looking, but completely insane.

'If no one is going to come save me, I'll have to save myself!'

You looked down, a mischievous grin on your face as you giggled, the sound of your voice bouncing off of the cement walls of the room the mad man locked you up in. Most of the time, you'd cry or cower, maybe even have a panic attack, so this was unusual.

Quirk restraining cuffs were wrapped around your wrists, weakening not only the part of your quirk you used with your hands, but also many of your other abilities.

"What are you laughing at?" the man said, not sounding happy with this.

You looked at him, a smirk on your face. Your eyes glowed red as you looked at his shocked face.

"You," you giggled.

With a single jerk of your arms, you broke the cuffs off of your wrists. You used your quirk to speed to the door, quickly shutting it closed.

You used your quirk to speed over to the man, pressing the palm of your hand on the top of his head.

"Night, night," you cooed.

The man's limbs suddenly went limp as he fell to the floor. You sighed, reaching into his pocket to grab his phone. The only thing stopping you from breaking down was the hope of being free.

You knew you were now in America based on how everyone talked, therefore you'd have to dial 911.

The man's phone was a cheap flip phone, but you assumed it was for his shadier deals since he was quite rich.

"911, what's your emergency?" a female voice asked from the other end of the call.

"I-I'm (Y/N), I was sold from Japan. M-My human trafficker is u-unconscious right now, but I don't know for...h-how long and he has what I think are body guards outside," you whispered, your heart racing in your chest as you fell fear and panic bubble up inside of you.

"Do you happen to have any idea to where you are? Like street names, names, or anything?" the woman said in a very friendly tone.

"Yeah! Th-The person holding me hostage, he lives and a very large house, mansion sized. H-He has a huge basement, and I believe his name is Jona," you whispered, trying your best to speak proper English.

The woman hummed, but paused to speak with someone. After a few seconds, you could hear her voice once again.

"People will be there soon. For now, try to hide and stay on the phone," the female voice explained.

You stayed in the phone and it didn't take long for some police officers to come. No heroes came since it wasn't considered too big of a deal, the police could handle this.

You were questioned then given a free flight back to Japan in first-class seating, but you still didn't feel safer. You were constantly scared of people around you, and even found yourself uncomfortable around police officers. Not only were you scared because you felt you could trust no one around you, but you were also in a foreign country surrounded by people speaking a language you had a difficult time with.

You were getting off the plane, your eyes widened as you found your tall cousin and two aunts waiting outside for you. You knew they'd be waiting for you, but it still felt good to see someone you knew you could trust.

A wide grin made its way to your face. You began running towards your aunts and cousin, and they both ran towards you.

"(Y/N)!" your cousin, Eijiro, cheered.

You let yourself be wrapped into a group hug. Tears streamed down all of your faces as sobs escaped your mouth. You had been scared for so long, trying to hide your emotions to protect yourself, but you had been so scared, so lonely, and had been betrayed by your parents.

You went home with them, which felt strange. It felt odd to be able to move freely inside of someone's house. Even so, you eventually adjusted to your new home, but you found yourself having a difficult time communicating with anyone besides Eijiro, Kamie, and Rica, your cousin and aunts.

You therapist said you seemed to be getting better at talking to people and began making arrangements to go to UA High school, where your cousin went.

You had already been accepted into the prestigious school, but your parents decided it would be better to just sell you.

They got caught weeks before you were free, but they didn't know where you were, so the police hardly had any way to find you.

You saved yourself. You managed to even survive all of that because you were strong. Strong people don't need anyone else, right?