Chapter 21 - Ice Shards

"MIDORIYA!"

"VERSUS TODOROKI!" Present Mic yelled. You crossed your legs and leaned back in your seat.

You were quite interested in this battle. You understood the quirks of all your classmates, all except Midoriya's.

The only physical representation of his quirk that you've ever seen was his match against Shinsou, which he created a strong gust of wind. Still, this wasn't enough for you to understand what you'd be going against if you ever did end up going against him.

"It's like two great rivals fighting against each other!" Present Mic cheered.

While you could understand what he meant, you couldn't help disagreeing. Even though it made sense, especially for you since you saw what happened in the waiting room, along with the rest of your class, you didn't see it this way.

Maybe Todoroki saw Midoriya as a rival, something he needed to defeat, but you could tell that wasn't how Midoriya saw him.

You noticed how Midoriya spoke to Todoroki, the way he looked at him. Midoriya looked up to him.

Midoriya seemed to, in some way, idolize Todoroki.

Todoroki lunged slightly, while Midoriya held his right wrist in his left hand.

"Now, START!" Present Mic cheered, roaring along with the audience.

Large shards of ice formed from Todoroki's foot, shooting out of the ground as they sharper at Midoriya.

Midoriya held his hand out in front of him, wincing as if to prepare himself for a large amount of pain.

The ice shot up, becoming huge. It formed somewhat of a large hill inside of the stadium. Midoriya created a large gust of wind, you presumed from his fingers, that seemed to stop the ice from even touching him.

The ice came to a complete stop before breaking into humongous chunks of ice, flying away from Midoriya and at Todoroki.

The harsh winds of blew cold air in your face, sending shivers down your spine. Your quirk always caused your body to not exactly enjoy cold temperature.

Of course, you weren't the only one hit by the harsh, cold winds. Everyone who weren't sitting behind Midoriya did.

You closed your eyes and shielded yourself, along with your classmates, from the ice with one of your, now, enlarged wings.

The wind stopped, and you shrunk your wings back to their normal size.

Midoriya stood in place, quivering. He still held his wrist in his other hand, but now, one of his fingers was severely bruised.

Todoroki shot another line ice at Midoriya, which seemed to grow in size as it got closer to him. Just like before, the ice blew apart, cold, harsh winds blowing throughout the stadium, along with some sharp shards of ice.

You protected your classmates with your wings once again, not enjoying how this battle is putting some of the viewers at risk of injury.

'This is crazy! If he were a hero, he'd probably destroy whatever city he fought in! What if one of these ice shards gets someone right in the eye?!' you gritted your teeth in disapproval. You understood it was a battle, but they were training to be heroes, they were training to protect civilians, not hurt them.

The winds died down and you moved your wings out of your classmates' vision, still prepared to cover them of needed.

"I DON'T NEED YOU TO F*CKING COVER MY EYES! I'M FINE," Bakugou yelled at you.

"IT'S NOT JUST FOR YOU, DIM WIT!" you yelled back at him, not in the best of moods.

Bakugou noticed this change and attitude and his eyes widened slightly. He clicked his tongue and decided to leave you alone.

"Thanks, (Y/N)!" Uraraka gratefully said, a happy grin on her face.

"It's no problem," you answered, sounding a bit awkward.

Todoroki was using a chunk of ice behind him to stop himself from getting blown away. This was smart, but this would also do damage on him. He'd be taking much of the force from the winds.

Todoroki sent ice at Midoriya once again, which was blown into pieces. Shards of ice blew around in the stadium, along with the harsh winds.

You protected your classmates from the ice shards, feeling a couple stab into your wings.

You winced due to the pain, but you knew that it could be much worse. Your father created seemed to dull down the pain receptors on your wings, when you lived in that dreadful excuse for a home.

"You f*cking wh*re!" your dad's booming voice echoed in your mind.

"Man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground!" Kirishima loudly said. You spaced out a bit, and didn't realized that Kirishima had begun to spark conversation with the class to get rid of the cold atmosphere.

'He's changed a lot since middle school.'

You remember the shy, distant guy he was back in middle school, before you moved in with him. You and him were quite similar back then, but now, you both couldn't be any more different.

'I wish I could be like that.'

You frowned and continued to watch the battle, but couldn't help listening in on Eijiro's conversation with Bakugou, Denko, and Sero.

"Like 'BAM!'" Kirishima cheerfully said.

"And you can do it with no time lag," Sero pointed out, sounding slightly annoyed.

"It's not just shooting them off, don't underestimate 'em. If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath," Bakugou explained, not giving a full explanation, but you understand what he meant.

Quirks work like muscles. There is only so much you can use, until it breaks. Until you break.

Todoroki and Midoriya continued their cycle of ice, and blowing the ice apart, while you protected your classmates.

"Quirks are physical abilities, too. They must also have some kind of limit," Bakugou explained, his voice drained of emotion.

"If I think about it like that, I guess that makes sense. Then, against the instant-killer, Todoroki, Midoriya wants an endurance match.

A piece of ice hit the tip of your wing, cause you to whisper at the pain. You folded in the tips of your wings, and continued to protect your classmates. It was dangerous to have this ice blowing around.

Heyo! Sorry for not updating much! I want to be better, and I'm trying. I do care about you all, so much. Don't worry, I won't stop updating any of my books until I believe it is a proper time for the stories to end.

Thank you all SO much for reading! I hope you all have an AMAZING night/day! I love you all SOOOOOO much! Byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee!