Chapter 9 - Phony

You activated your quirk, it affecting everyone in the game. Normally, you'd be scared to use much energy, but you knew you'd get a break between this game and the battles, so you weren't exactly scared to use almost all the energy you had, which was a lot.

Now, to everyone besides your own team, your whole team looked like a whole other group of people, even your headband looked different. You and the rest of your group look like random strangers you saw in the stadium, and made your team appear to have only fifty points, but that was only for the time being.

Once everyone was distracted, you made your team appear to be nothing besides pure air, activating that part of your quirk with a simple thought. You whispered to the boys carrying you where to move, them seeming quite astonished as teams just ran past yours.

You decided to also affect Aizawa and Present Mic since they were commentating, they could easily compromise your location.

"Now, dont say anything. I'll be whispering, so listen closely. They may not be all to see us, but they can still hear us," you whispered. You doubted anyone could hear the sounds of your whispers above the loud chaos of the game. Besides, this was a fast-pace game, and sitting in one place and listening carefully for a whisper wasn't only a waste of time, but also a huge risk.

Your team spent most of the time watching other teams fight against one another.

When contestants couldn't find the 10,000,000 point headband, they just did the next best thing to do, snatch other headbands, hoping to find the 10,000,000 point headband among the crowd of teams eventually.

Midoriya teamed up with a girl with shoulder-length pink hair, Uraraka, and Tokoyami. Modoriya was the rider, the headband for his team on his head, The girl with pink hair served as defense and offense from behind, being the back horse, Tokoyami used his quirk as offense and defense, being the front horse, and Uraraka was between Tokoyami and the girl with pink hair, making them all light on their feet so they could easily run away if they got in a sticky situation. Midoriya was wearing what looked like a jet pack.

The first to attack Midoriya's team was a team with the rider being someone you don't recognize. A team who's rider was a boy with shoulder-length silver hair. His eyes were tilted dramatically inwards, both with a very thick, jagged, beige lining around them. By the way he yelled as his team charged at Midoriya's team, you could tell he was we a hot-head.

One of "horses" on the silver haired boy's team turned the ground under Midoriya's team into what appeared to be quick sand.

In order to get out the quick sand, Midoriya used the jet pack to fly up into the air.

This shocked the silver haired boy, so much so that it took him a second or two to realize that Tokoyami snatched his headband with Tokoyami's quirk, which was a sentient being called "Dark Shadow" that he hosted.

Dark Shadow shot out of Tokoyami and quickly slipped the headband off of the silver-haired boy's head, sliding it over Midoriya's head and letting it rest on his neck.

Angry, the silver-haired boy's team charged at Midoriya's team, but Midoriya's team managed to get away, so the silver-haired boy's team went to go grab someone else's headband.

Hagakure was the rider of her team. She was completely invisible, therefore naked. She was being carried by Jiro and Sato, the "horses" of her team. As they began pursuing Midoriya's team, their headband was snatched away by a boy with blond hair and cool-grey eyes.

'He'll be someone to watch.'

The silver haired boy managed to snatch some headbands from slower teams, earning him back some points. As the silver haired boy's team began charging at Bakugou's team, Hagakure's team ran by, grabbing a headband off the silver-haired boy's neck.