Chapter 16 - A Beautiful Danger

"What's with the waterworks, Kitten?" Bakugou asked as he straightened his posture, to get a better look at your face.

"Are you okay?" Eijiro asked, worry evident in his tone.

"Yeah. I just got something stuck in my eye because of the wind," you giggled. You rubbed your eyes, and sat back down in your seat.

Eijiro saw nothing wrong with that and turned around to talk to some of his other friends, such as Hagakure. You didn't mind, you and him didn't talk much anyways.

You and Eijiro were born in the same year, so your parents, who were very close, were happy to have children that were the same age. You always knew Eijiro to be a kind person, but he was more quiet before, so even though your parents tried to get you two to be close, it never worked much.

You and Eijiro got along great and it was nice to have someone you knew in your class, but you were never close to him. There had always been a distance, or some sort of wall, between the two of you.

Maybe it was because of your uncertainty of how much you could trust others, maybe it was because of how quiet he was and the lack of communication because of his timidness, maybe it was both, but there was certainly an emotional barrier between you and Eijiro. Even so, you and him didn't make any efforts to shorten the distance.

"What the f*ck is actually wrong?" Bakugou sighed at you in an unimpressed, agitated tone.

You turn your head to look at Bakugou, sending him a half-smile.

"Nothing, just thoughts," you warmly replied, your voice calm.

Bakugou clicked his tongue, showing his disapproval of your answer, but he decided not to pry, for now at the least. The next match was beginning.

"THANKS FOR WATCHING! Next up is... these guys!" Present Mic cheered as Todoroki and Denki entered the arena. They stood on opposite sides of the platform, completely parallel to one-another.

Denki smirked at Todoroki, his eyes showing the fear he thought he was hiding. If he were to win this battle, you'd be very surprised.

Ice doesn't work as a conductor of electricity, but instead works as an insulator. Todoroki was, in all means, at an advantage. The possibility of Denki beating Todoroki was quite low.

"He's good, but what's with that plainness that he just can't get rid of? From the hero course, it's Denki Kaminari!" Present Mic excitedly introduced Denki.

'Denki doesn't look plain, but that's gotta sting.'

"Versus— This kid who is way too strong! He wasn't recommended for admission for no reason! Also from the hero course, Shouto Todoroki!" Present Mic introduced Todoroki, who stood there, his hair creating a shadow over his eyes. Something was up with him, it was obvious.

'He looks angry, maybe sad?'

"READY? START!" Present Mic shouted, and thus, the match began.

Kaminari got ready to shoot out electricity from his hands. You could tell by the electricity going up bad down his arms, but he took a bit too long.

Ice came out of Shouto's foot, quickly charging at Denki, and before you knew it, there was ice sharp ice only about three feet away from your face.

You squeaked and jumped in your seat. There was a sharp piece of ice pointed directly at you.

"Jeez, Todoroki," Kirishima mumbled, his eyes wide.

You couldn't see anything besides the ice, and you had to admit, it was beautiful, but sharp. The ice was gorgeous, but dangerous.

Bakugou stood up from his seat, and began walking out of the area your class sat in.

"My match is next," Bakugou sighed as he exited the box.

Your eyes widened when you remembered that Bakugou was going against Kaito.

'Oh gosh, Bakugou, please don't kill him.'

You sighed and sunk into your seat.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" you heard a familiar male voice call from behind you. You turned around to see Tsuburaba standing in the entrance of the box you and your classmates sat in.

"Hey!" you happily cheered, glad that you had someone to talk to. You stood up from your seat and walked over to Tsuburaba, a smile on your face.

"I won for you," Tsuburaba said, smiling at you.

"Oh, did you now?" you giggled.

"Okay, I also did it for me, but you know what I mean," Tsuburaba laughed, causing you to giggle. "So, how do you feel about dating?" he asked.

You smiled at his persistence, but had to put it to rest.

"I still don't do boyfriends," you replied.

"I didn't say boyfriends! All I want to do is hang out with you quite often, be able to hold your hand, hug and kiss you, be emotionally close to you, meet your parents, and have it just exclusively you and I!" Tsuburaba replied.

"So, you want to be my boyfriend," you teased.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Tsuburaba asked, smirking at you.

"No, but trust me, you won't want to have that sort of relationship with me once you get to know me. I don't deserve a nice guy like you," you sighed, half-smiling at him.

"Oh, so we're going to get to know each other better?" Tsuburaba said, tilting his head at you, his smirk still on his face.

"As friends only. Besides, was that all you picked up from that?" you laughed.

"Selective hearing, My Dear," Tsuburaba jokingly responded, leaning over you.

"Keep dreaming," you replied, playfully rolling your eyes. You were joking around with him, but you really didn't have any intentions of getting in any sort of romantic relationship with him. While your quirk made you more flirtatious, you only saw him as a friend.

"Only of you," Tsuburaba slyly responded.

"Smooth. Nice one, Tsuburaba," you laughed.

"Thanks! It just came to mind," Tsuburaba cheered. He was extremely sweet. If anything, you wanted to protect him. His words warmed your heart

Heyo! Thank you SO much for reading! I hope you have an AMAZING night/day! I'd appreciate it if you'd vote, comment, and follow! I love you all SOOO much!
Byyyyeeeeeeee!