Chapter 14 - Never Stood a Chance

You ended up missing the whole fight between Monoma and a boy named Kaibara. Apparently, Monoma won in the end, but the battle was said to be intense. You felt quite disappointed that you missed it, but you were filled with more than enough energy to fight out in the sun.

Next up, it was Ashido versus Aoyama.

You were returned to your seat, greeting Bakugou and Eijiro.

"WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG?! ARE YOU REALLY THAT SLOW OF AN EATER?!" Bakugou asked, shouting at you.

"Yes," you nonchalantly replied, not paying much mind to him. You wanted to see how this battle would turn out.

"We're gonna keep going, right to the fourth match!" Present Mic shouted.

"Even though he's wearing a belt, he won't transform! From the hero course, it's Yugo Aoyama!" Present Mic cheered, introducing Aoyama as he walked onto the cement platform.

"VERSUS— Is something going to come out of those horns? From the hero course, it's Mina Ashido!" Present Mic shouted, introducing her as she walked onto the opposite side of the cement platform as Aoyama.

"Fifth match, START!" Present Mic screeched, signaling the start of the match between Ashido an Aoyama.

Aoyama shot a glittering lazer at Ashido, but she jumped up into the air to dodge it. Upon landing on the ground once again, she began skating along the cement, using her acid to make the ground easy to glide on.

Aoyama shot another lazer at her, but she jumped out of the way, the lazer only missing her by an inch or two. This continued until you noticed that Aoyama began shaking. He held an uncomfortable look in his face.

Ashido used this as her chance. She shot acid onto the belt Aoyama used for his quirk. His pants fell down, but he held them up with his hands, his knees shaking.

Ashido smirked as she skated closer to Aoyama, who was quaking in his spot. She stopped right in front of him and hit him with a strong upper-cut.

Aoyama fell to the ground, no longer moving.

"Ashido advances to the second round!" Midnight shouted, her voice coming through the speakers. You liked the smile on her face.

"Ashido's easy victory is indisputable!" Present Mic shouted.

Mineta clenched his fists, looking at the ground in defeat, angry that Ashido's clothes didn't get ripped.

"Stop being a pervert," you growled, not even bothering to face him.

"Unmanly," Eijiro sighed, shaking his head.

"Not my fault you girls are so hot!" Mineta yelled, his lisp being emphasized.

You rolled your eyes and tuned to face him. You glared into his eyes, your gaze as sharp as knives. Mineta felt as if you were glaring into the very depths of his soul.

Your eyes flickered, turning deep red for a moment. This was long enough to freak out Mineta.

Mineta stood up from his seat, screaming as he ran to hide behind Shoji.

"AH! DON'T HURT ME, DEMON LADY!" Mineta shouted, his legs shaking.

"I'M NOT A DEMON!" you shouted at Mineta, causing him to yelp.

"You sure about that?" Bakugou asked, pointing to your slim tail with a sharp tip that swayed behind you.

You turned your head to look at Bakugou, blushing from embarrassment as your eyes glowed bright purple.

"I'M SURE!" you yelled at Bakugou, who just clicked his tongue.

"Whatever you say, Kitten," Bakugou sighed.

"SHUT UP!" you angrily shouted.

"I'LL DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT!" Bakugou shouted at you as you straightened out you posture.

You stuck your tongue out at Bakugou before turning away and looking back at the arena, the next battle was about to begin.

Eijiro leaned over to Bakugou to whisper into his ear.

"You're not into her, are you?" Eijiro quietly asked, his brow raised.

"OF COURSE NOT! Even if I did, why the hell would it matter?" Bakugou growled.

"Just— be careful. She can never be in a normal relationship. Try getting over her while you can," Eijiro whispered before averting his attention to the arena.

Bakugou looked at you, watching as you smiled excitedly due to the fact that the battle was beginning.

'Why can't she? What the f*ck does Sh*tty Hair mean?' Bakugou asked himself, his brows furrowed.

You turned you head to see Bakugou staring at you, an angry, confused look on his face.

"Take a picture, maybe it'll last longer," you teased, winking at Bakugou. His face flashed red and he turned away.

Midoriya was furious, maybe even beyond that. The way he glared angrily at his opponent, Shinso, and gritted his teeth, you could tell something ticked off Midoriya.

Midoriya yelled, but you couldn't hear the words he said due to the distance and loud audience. Midoriya began running at Shinso, but that's when you realized the mistake he made.

'He talked to him.'

Midoriya abruptly stopped in his tracks, no longer moving. He just stood there, his expression blank.

"Huh? Hey, hey! What's the dealio?! The fight has only begun, and Izuku Midoriya is... completely frozen!" Present Mic shouted, sounding dramatically shocked.

"Damn it, Midoriya. You fell for it," you mumbled, gritting your teeth. You wanted to support your classmate, but even so, you had to admit that Shinso appeared to be a very strong opponent from what you saw.

"He's not moving a muscle! What's with that look on his face? Could this be a quirk at work?! Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned!" Present Mic shouted, commentating on the situation.

'Isn't this guy in Class 1-C?! How?! He holds more potential than someone of the students in my class!' you thought, your eyes wide,'What complete imbecile would put him in Class 1-C?!'

"He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but it's possible Shinso's crazy powerful!" Present Mic yelled.

'He obviously is.'

"WHO COULD'VE IMAGINED THIS TURN OF EVENTS?! That's the festival for ya'!" Present Mic shouted as he cackled.

No one in the arena did anything. Shinso and Midoriya just stood there, a victorious expression on Shinso's face, and a defeated, yet blank, one on Midoriya's.

"This is a perfect example on why the entrance exam isn't rational. Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors. Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the hero course, and since he also applied for general studies, he probably figured that would happen," Mr.Aizawa explained.

'Wait, oh sh*t. He has information on all of us?'

"His quirk is incredibly strong, but that entrance test consisted of fighting faux villains, robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical quirks they could show off," Mr.Aizawa added.

"Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing."

Heyo! Thanks for reading! I know I took I long break, and I'm so sorry, a lot has been happening, but I know that's no excuse.

I hope you have an AMAZING night/day! I'd appreciate it if you'd vote, comment, and follow! I love you all SOOOO much!
Byyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee!