Chapter 7 - Almost Unfair

"Have fun with that!" you yelled out. You didn't know most of the quirks of people who were competing. Why would you make it easier for them to pass you?

You flew over the robots, leaving all of your competitors in the dust.

"Wow! Look look at her go! That's (Y/N) Kirishima from Class 1-A, flying ahead! It almost feels unfair! It's no wonder she was let in on recommendations!" Present Mic shouted.

You sighed, the compliments making you blush slightly as you took in a deep breath, your tail swaying behind you. You wounded up your wings and revved your quirk. You were going to go as fast as you possibly could with the amount of energy you intended to use at the time, which wasn't all that much. You didn't know what the second game would be, so you decided to save what you could.

You swung your wings back, air sending you flying forwards. The sound of the wind suddenly changing directions at an extreme speed was very loud.

You activated the speed portion of your quirk, the sound of you cutting air was all you could hear. The force of the air blew on your face, so you squinted your eyes to avoid getting dirt or dust in them.

You learned not to hesitate. You learned to push yourself. You learned that in order to get anywhere, you needed to take risks.

You slowed down slightly, looking at the ground to see you were almost at the end. No one else was even nearby.

You flew down, realizing that the gate signaling the end of the test was lower to the ground. You flew down so you were only about six feet into the air.

Wanting to show off a bit, you pushed your speed, sending you flying through the finishing gate. You looked like a blur of color to anyone watching you, but you were in a tunnel, so no one could see you.

Once you felt the warmth of light, you stopped and gracefully landed on the ground.

"WHAT?! We already have a winner?! The game hardly started!" Present Mic shouted, sounding shocked.

"Well, (Y/N) KIRISHIMA IS OUR CHAMPION!" Present Mic cheered.

The crowd roared, which surprised you because you expected most viewers to be disappointed that someone won so quickly.

You heard whistles, shouts, and screams from the audience, heroes that sat higher up in the stadium clapping for you.

You smiled and waved to everyone, not really knowing what else to do.

After a bit, others arrived. First, it was Izuku, then Bakugou, then Todoroki.

You skipped over to Bakugou, wanting to hug him, but knowing he'd probably kill you, you didn't.

"Congrats, Bakugou!" you cheered happily.

"I don't need your pity," Bakugou growled.

"I'm just saying congratulations. You did really good!" you responded.

"Yeah, but I didn't win. Did I?" Bakugou hissed.

"No, but that's okay. It's only the first game," you said, still extremely happy from winning.

"Whatever. Congrats on the win, I guess," Bakugou growled before stomping off.

You followed behind him, a smile on your face.

"Why are you following me?" Bakugou growled.

"I'm bored!" you cheered.

"Go away," Bakugou sighed.

"Oh come on! Please!" you pleaded, your eyes glittering.

Bakugou looked at you, an uninterested look on his face.