Chapter 23 - Overwhelmed

Admit it, Monoma is hot; at least, to me he is.

Eijiro, charging at Bakugou, hardened and threw a punch at him, cutting his cheek. Bakugou, wanting to back up slightly, created an explosion in front of himself.

As both member's stood, both seeming ready to fight, the stands went wild.

Eijiro got closer to Bakugou, just sending multiple punches his way as he avoided them. Bakugou didn't use any blasts, he just dodged the punches and backed away a bit. He had to be up to something.

'Bakugou must be waiting for Eijiro to unharden.'

Realizing he was getting a little too close to the edge of the ring of his comfort, Bakugou threw an explosion towards Eijiro, which sent him flying. Eijiro was beginning to unharden.

"WHAT? Bakugou is countering again! But what's this? It seems to be working this time!"

Bakugou threw one large explosion at Eijiro; luckily, he hardened on time to dodge it. Bakugou knew that one explosion wouldn't work, it was just a way to get him where he wanted him.

Bakugou continued blast large explosions at Eijiro; one right after another. You knew it would be too much for Eijiro to handle.

Knowing it was the end, Bakugou sent one final explosion at Eijiro, making sure it was much larger than the rest.

Eijiro went flying backwards, still within the ring, but when he landed on his back, you knew he had been knocked unconscious.

Dust and ash blew out, into the stadiums, leaving some audience members coughing.

"Kirishima has been knocked out! Bakugou is the winner!" Midnight's voice echoed through the speaker.

The crowds were cheering so overwhelmingly loud, you couldn't stand it. You needed to step out into the hallway, the emotional strain was beginning to take a toll on you.

"With that vicious carpet bombing, Bakugou advances to the third round! Ladies and gentlemen, our final four!" Present Mic's voice was still very much audible in the hallways of the stadium.

You leaned against one of the walls, taking slow, deep breaths. Overwhelming, it was all too overwhelming.

"F*ck, I have to go again," you grumbled as you pushed yourself off of the cold, cement wall.

Time Skip

"The first match of the semi-finals!," Present Mic cheered, hyping up the audience,"These two have both proven to be very interesting! Let's see what happens when their quirks go head to head!"

As you walked towards the ring, you locked eye's with the blond haired boy you had noticed in the beginning of the sports festival. You could smell his sweet scent, but you didn't know his quirk.

"From the hero course, it's the mysterious (Y/n) Kirishima!"

You couldn't smile or wave like you did in past battles. Instead, you collected yourself and held your chin high; a small, yet intimidating smirk on your face. You and him locked eyes, and he just looked at you, completely smug. Not obviously intimidated, maybe he was hiding it? You only hoped you could figure out his quirk, or at least find some sort of weak spot.

You regretted not seeing any of his battles. This blonde boy, if he were scared or intimidating, he was hiding it very well.

"Also from the hero course, the silent, but deadly Neito Monoma!"

'Was he calling the boy a fart?'

You didn't how much you could take, but you wouldn't let him see how terrible you felt. You noticed how strong his team was during the cavalry battle, but his quirk never became obvious to you. You took slow, deep breaths to slow down your racing heart, it was all too much.

You were so incredibly overwhelmed.

The crowd mumbled, the majority of people rather quiet.

"START!"

You didn't know his quirk. For now, you had to play defense. You scanned his face, he couldn't use his quirk if he couldn't see you.

'I'm invisible, I'm nothing.'

Just like that, you disappeared from his sight.

Quickly, you grew your wings and swiftly flew into the air.

"Oh! She's in the air I can see a pattern in these battles!" Present Mic yelled, revealing my location to my adversary.

Monoma, the blonde boy, looked up, but his face wasn't as smug as it had been before. Instead, he looked nervous. He knew your general location, but he didn't do anything. He couldn't see you, he couldn't reach you, and his quirk gave him no sort of projectile to even knock you down; you created a small profile in your head of what you had just observed of his quirk.

"Are they going to do anything?" Present Mic asked, sounding bored.

"Come on, come down," Monoma attempted to coax you back to the ground.

'Fine, I'll do something.'

You spread your wings out wide and flapped them, a large gust of wind sending you flying towards Monoma. You angled your body to ensure that you'd land a kick to his head in the little time you had.

"Oh, (Y/n) is going for the win!"

Monoma noticed the change of wind, he knew the direction you were coming from, that's when his confidence returned. He didn't know exactly what you were doing, but he managed to dive to the side before any contact was made.

You landed, your teeth gritted in agitation. He was smart, this had become clear.

Monoma noticed the dirt of the ground puff up the smallest bit when you landed, that's when he struck. He reached, his fingertips successfully touching your ankle.

He stood up quickly and opened his mouth to say something, but nothing managed to come out. You were speechless, his scent had just randomly become intoxicatingly sweet; your throat had gone completely dry. Your stared at him, completely wide eyed. You were so shocked, you didn't even noticed when his knees buckled and he fell to the ground.

The sweetness, roar of the crowd, the sting of emotions, echoing voices from the speakers, it was all too overwhelming; you couldn't take it anymore. You had made a mistake by making a choice that could possibly mess with your emotional stability; especially then, you remembered how your emotionally orientated quirk drained you of your energy when emotional like this.

Just like your now unconscious adversary, your knees buckled and you collapsed.

Heyo! Another chapter, and it isn't super great in my opinion, but I'm trying! I was scared that I'd have writers block as soon as I came back completely, but luckily, I do not seem to have writers block! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I hope you have a great night/day! Love you! Byyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!