Chapter 22 - A Burning Passion

Midoriya and Todoroki stood on opposite sides of the platform, speaking to each other.  Passion glimmered in their eyes, but anger seemed to shine more brightly in the eyes of Todoroki.

Frost decorated Todoroki's arm and face, but none the less, he ran towards Midoriya, his movements noticeably slower than before.

 Midoriya balled his un-bandaged hand up into a fist, waiting for Todoroki to reach him just as he was about two feet away. Todoroki leaped foward, but once he did so, Midoriya threw his fist into Todoroki's stomach, landing a solid punch. As Todoroki felt the impact of Midoriya's punch, he froze Midoriya's arm.

Midoriya stumbled around a bit, his arm simply dragging, looking as if it had no bones in it.

Todoroki caught himself with his ice, and stood up a bit slowly; he too had been feeling the drain of energy caused by the intense fight. He said what he said in the waiting room because he saw Midoriya as a formidable opponent, maybe even in an equal.

A stream of jagged, sharp ice raced towards Midoriya, moving much slower. Was Todoroki close to reaching his limit? How far would this fight go?

Midoriya jumped out of the way of the ice, but Todoroki ran to him. He wanted short-range combat.

Once Midoriya landed on the ground, Todoroki created a layer of ice on the floor, then some more jagged ice, much smaller than in the beginning in the battle. Midoriya blocked the ice, sending both of them flying backwards.

Pain, they both seemed to be going through so much pain. Midoriya's hands and frozen arm were both bruised bright purple. Was fighting this hard really worth it?

They got closer, neither of them had the energy to keep fighting long-range. Midoriya would throw punches and Todoroki would dodge.

Todoroki built up the energy to send a stream of ice towards him and did so. Midoriya wasn't fast enough to block it; so even with a broken thumb, he threw a strong gust of wind to break the ice and send Todoroki flying away from him.

Todoroki caught himself with his ice again, but he looked so drained, so tired.

They were speaking, but there words couldn't be heard from the crowd.

Todoroki didn't move as Midoriya ran, pushing himself to use as much energy as he could. Midoriya sent a bit of a weaker punch to Todoroki, but he slid back a rather far distance nonetheless.

For a moment, Todoroki went completely still as Midoriya to long, slow steps toward him. He was frozen in his place, frost quickly beginning to completely cover the right half of his body. This allowed Midoriya to land another blow on him, but Todoroki didn't do anything.

A burning passion of literal flames.

A large fire suddenly appeared, and the whole world seemed to go dark, as if the light of the fire attracted all that was dark around it.

The winds blew, and the flames sprouted from his left side. Beautiful, dangerous flames.

Hiyami kneeled in front of a tall, broad shouldered man with tears streaming down her face, you kneeling beside her.

"Please, I'll give you anything, just please don't hurt her! She's only four years old!" Hiyami sobbed.

"Fine, I'll give her a head start after I'm done with you," the broad shoulder man spoke before grabbing her shoulder.

A pleased, yet dangerous smirk grew onto the man's face and Hiyami began screaming. Her body bursted into flames, her beautiful smile forever gone.

"YES, SHOUTO! Have you finally accepted your purpose?" the booming voice of a male filled the stadium. Endeavor.

"Huh?" Present Mic spoke through the speakers.

"That's it, very good! This is the dawn of a new era for us! With my blood in your veins, you'll surpass me. You will live up to the reason I created you!" Endeavor's voice boomed, his body aflame.

"Endeavor suddenly shouts words of... encouragement? What a doting father," Present Mic stated, confused like the rest of the crowd.

The fire shrunk a bit, not seeming weaker, just more controlled.

Ice began shooting out of Todoroki's right foot, creating a film of ice on the ground; fire still coming out of his left side. Anger and passion filled his expression, his position showing he was ready to leap at Midoriya at any moment.

Sharp winds began to blow out from Midoriya, his gritted teeth seeming somewhat like a smile.

Ginormous chunks of ice flew towards Midoriya, but they were not jagged like the rest of his ice was.

Midoriya flew over the ice, darting towards Todoroki, who made the ice disappear.

Extreme amounts of fire seemed to surround Todoroki, as if it were making a sort of wall.

Cementoss and Midnight, realizing the battle had gone too far, began to cut in, but you knew the two boys wouldn't stop.

Midoiriya got ready to throw a punch, but it never reached Todoroki. Four thick wills of cement shot out of the ground between Todoroki and Midoriya, their powers impacting with the walls.

Chunks of concrete, flame, and fast winds rushed around the stadium, quickly becoming hot, rushing winds filled with ash blowing through the stadium; Mineta was almost blown away.

"What happened just now? What the heck is up with your students?" Present Mic questioned Aizawa, his voice exiting the speakers.

"The air around the had been thoroughly cooled down, and then rapidly expanded by being heated up," Aizawa tiredly responded, his voice drained of any emotion, as per usual.

"Wait, that's what caused the explosion? How hot did that fire get? Jeez, I can't see a thing!" Present Mic seemed to whine a bit,"Is that match still going on or what, huh?"

The ash cleared to show Midoriya out of bounds, on of the walls of the ring. Slowly, he slid down the wall and fell to the ground. Unconscious.

"There, Midoriya is... out of bounds," Midnight spoke, her voice echoing through the speakers,"Todoroki wins! He advances to the third round!"

Todoroki stood in the ring, half of his track suit shirt burned off, his muscles showing as his chest heaved.

You choked on air, taking a second to catch your breath. It was rather hot.

Heyo! Guess who's back! Thank you so much for reading, and I really am grateful for the support I received from all of you. I meant to come back last month, but alas, that didn't happen. I missed you all! I'll update again soon! I hope you have an amazing night/day! I love you all so much, byyyeeee!