28.

We all grouped at the bar to have some drinks. Emily had a lucky streak going for her. Gigi and Andrew after loosing badly decided to sit back, and people watch instead. Nico had almost disappeared through the duration of the night. Amy and Alex later told me that he was working. Speaking of Amy and Alex, I couldn't help but notice the way both of them kept on glancing at each other the entire night. I knew that were crushing on each other. Yet, I'm hesitant to interfere between them. I know as a friend I should be setting up two of my good friends but I don't want to be nosy. What if I turn out to worsen things? And worse yet what if I offend either Alex or Amy? Except the fact that they hooked up once, how much did I know about their past anyway? It felt so wrong to meddle in someone's personal life.

I looked at Leo, who was sitting besides me and sipping his drink. Everyone else had left to grab a bite while Leo and I sat here drinking.

"So that guy was your ex huh?" He asked.

"Funny, I never recall telling you that."

I'd been thinking how Leo knew it. I'd never told him. We hadn't discussed our past at all. And, I never really refer to Samar as my ex. He's a fling gone wrong.

"The way you looked at him was very obvious." He said, a tinge of bitterness lacing his words.

Leo looked pissed off. He was trying to conceal it but his displeasure was pretty obvious.

"I stalked your social media." He admitted. He sipped his drink and added, "You both posted pictures with your family and you've known him for a long time. So I'm assuming it was a serious relationship."

"It wasn't." I sighed. Samar knew my family well. He knew half of my friends too. But, we were never serious. Thinking about the past made me feel angry.

Ugh, I don't want to ruin my night thinking about him. I wanted to spend this night in Vegas with my friends and Leo. I never expected to run into Samar. I just wanted to push it aside and enjoy this night. To be honest, I'd rather focus on Leo instead brooding about the past.

"Leo... can we talk about this later? I really don't feel like having this conversation right now. And, I'd rather not talk about my past."

His face hardened and he narrowed his eyes. Seeing the look on Leo's face made me realize that I shouldn't have said that.

He finished his drink in a single gulp. "Fine." He said, and clanked the glass on the bar counter top. He went away without sparing me a look.

All I wanted tonight was winning some cash and a nice time with my boyfriend. Instead, I got a surprise appearence from my ex and lost some money. I'm not going to go and convince him. He needs to learn to respect my boundaries. It's best to give him space when he's pissed off. I can't convince my boyfriend, at least I can win some money.

I went by the roulette table where Nico was. I placed my bet on the number 7 and stood besides Nico.

"How's your luck tonight?" Nico asked me, flashing a brilliant smile.

"Bad." I sighed. "How's yours?"

"Pretty good." He said and discreetly showed me the briefcase in his hands. Okay, we have a shitload of money in that case to fund for our escape. I take back my words, this wasn't bad. It's so exciting, like I'm in a movie or something.

Nico said without even "My client is going to bring more suit cases. So, can you get this discreetly in our car? Hopefully take someone armed with you."

"Okay." I said. I scanned the room for a known face.

Except for Emily, Andrew and I, everyone else was armed. I saw Andrew, Gigi and Emily chatting by the couches. Amy and Alex were across the room, giving each other wistful glances.

"Go after the game." Nico whispered to me. He handed the suitcase to me.

I gasped as the roulette wheel came to a stop. To my surprise it landed right on my number. The dealer handed me some chips. I high-fived Nico as I made my way away from the crowd.

I saw Leo sitting at a table across me. Being in the presence of his intense gaze made my heart beat wildly. I was staring because he rolled his eyes at me and went on to sip his drink. Real mature Leo. He looked back at me. This was my chance. I mouthed him come here. He left his drink half and made his way to me.

He arched his eyebrow. Apparently he was too sulky to even ask me a question. Well, two can play a game. I pointed at the suitcase in my hands.

"Nico asked me to keep it in the car." I said.

Leo looked around, surveying the room. He placed his palm on the small of my back and guided me out.

We stood near the exit of the casino when Leo grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Something is wrong." He whispered.

#