31.

It was early morning when we landed in the city of Medellín in Columbia. We waited by the airport for our mysterious host, aka, Valeria to arrive. God, I was so curious about her. I swear I was expecting a supermodel with tanned skin and sexy body. My imagination was running wild and my friends too weren't any help. Apparently, they were enjoying this way too much.

"Can you smell something smoking in here?" Emily said. "Oh wait, that's just Meg's jealousy."

I regret teaching her the literal verbatim of a hindi phrase.

"Hey, I have a theory. What if Valeria is a former Victoria's Secret model who is still secretly is in love with Leo?" Amy added.

I just rolled my eye. But consider this... it could be a strong possiblity.

Gigi exploded laughing. "Guys that's so wild." She said, wiping a tear from her eye. "I wish I could tell you but Leo would kill me and I do admit this is funny."

A couple of huge fancy cars arrived to pick us up. I tried to peek a look at that Valeria chick. But, damn these tinted glass.

We were escorted in other car. After we sat in the car, Gigi said:

"I think Nico and Leo were with Valeria." She said.

Ever since he'd mentioned Valeria, Leo had been so distant towards me. It's like I didn't exist for him anymore. I guess I was just a shiny new toy for him that lost its novelty.

Oh great! This was like an open invation to my paranoia. I plugged my headphones and blasted some music. At least this way I'd be able to distract myself from Leo.

#

We got down in front of a huge ass mansion that was the epitome of luxury. White marbles, a totally extra fountain and lovely garden that required insane amount of maintainence. Seriously, it felt like we were in some drug lord's mansion. Knowing Leo, it wouldn't be too surprising if he brought to live with a drug lord. The surrounding was so green and peaceful. In some ways the greenery reminded me of India. Trinity was many things but greenery was so rare. I guess, I could look forward to something over here. As I walked in, I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the interiors. Seriously what was this place? It was much more beautiful than any luxurious resorts I'd been and believe me I'd seen the best of the best.

We walked in the hallway where we saw a woman waiting for us. She was dressed in a flowy white blouse and long skirt. She was on the lean side with sharp features. Her hands were the only indicator of her age. God, I was right, she was pretty. Not the in your face, sex bomb type of pretty. But this woman was pretty in a cheerful and cute way.

"Val!" Leo exclaimed and hugged her.

Excuse me, I was right here.

She and Nico exchanged some words in Spanish, which of course I didn't understand. She shook hands with Alex. Then, she hugged Gigi. Finally her eyes settled on me. Her warm demenour disappeared. She looked at me like she was analysing me, it was very uncomfortable.

"So you're Meg huh?" She asked, looking up and down at me in a very uncomforting way. It was like she was scanning me to see if there was something wrong about me.

"Yes I am." I said, trying to remain cheerful and not give her the satisfaction of seeing me unnerved. "Nice to meet you." I streched my hand for her. She grabbed it a little too firmly.

"Leo seems to be besotted with you." She said whispering to me. "If you break his heart, or hurt him in any way, I'll personally hunt you down."

Her threatning look made me shudder.