64.

I was working the entire day, trying to find a colour scheme that my fussy clients would approve. After working for the entire day, I found four tentative options that I feel they'd like. I got a text from Leo to come and meet me in the garden after I'd finished my work. I had skipped lunch so I replied that he better get me something to eat.

My jaw dropped when I saw it. Leo had actually arranged a dinner for me with candles and roses and wine. Not bad, my boyfriend certainly knows how to impress.

"What is all this?" I asked sitting down on the chair. Had he gotten fries for me? And was that rosé lemonade. Once I visited this new restaurant with my university friends and I tasted this drink. I was dying for it since such a long time. It was so adorable that he remembered it.

"I also have pizza." He said.

I opened the box, it was a vegetarian fusion paneer and capsicum tandoori pizza. I couldn't believe it that Leo actually brought paneer tandoori pizza for me.

"How did you even know I like this?"

"This is a blasphemy in the name of pizza." He sighed. "And knowing you of course you'd like everything that is unconventional or weird."

I took a piece of the pizza and stuffed it in my mouth.

"I like you, that must tell you a lot about yourself." I said taking a bite. Mmm this was literal heaven.

Leo rolled his eye, probably at my retort or the fact that I was gobbling up pizza in a very unladylike way. But I was way too hungry, I'm sure Leo would understand.

He gently took a bite of the pizza. "This isn't the worst." He gulped some lemonade. "It is more spicy than what I'm used to. But the flavours are amazing. I don't think I've tasted anything with that many contrasting flavours tangy, smoky and spicy with a bit salty from the cheese. It is interesting to say the least."

I arched by eyebrows. Poor boy was making such an effort to like this for me. This was what I loved the most about him, he was so considerate about others, he was always so engrossed putting others needs first that he overlooked himself. I pushed the fries towards him.

"So, what is your plan for tomorrow? Did you think of something?"

Leo toyed with a piece of French fry in his hands. "I was thinking about it... my life I mean. And in my heart I don't like this gangster, mafia or don business. I only got into it to avenge my brother's death. And I'm only into it to protect my family. I thought about it a lot and I've decided." He said.

"Decided what?" I asked, a bit nervous. However, Leo was still chewing the pizza.

He coughed a bit and gulped more water. "I'm sorry this is too spicy. I'm not used to this heat."

Finally, he admitted it. It was funny to watch him squirm like that. He's always so cool, so composed; he rarely let anything affect him. So my strong boyfriend could not deal with spicy food. I decided to poke fun of his misery because I'd be failing in my fundamental duty as a girlfriend if I did not tease him or make fun of him endlessly.

"You need to get used to some heat if you plan on staying with me." I said. To add to it I caressed his feet with mine.

He almost choked on water. I simply arched my eyebrows. It was fun to see him get flustered and speechless.

He cleared his throat, "You better not do that."

I leaned back and crossed my arms. "Or what?" I slid my foot higher up.

He pulled his chair closer and trapped my foot between his legs. He gestured me to lean closer. I loved when he got in his boss mode, it was so damned sexy.

"Or you can forget about the dinner because I will carry you to the bedroom if you tempt me."

I gulped up the remaining rosé lemonade. This dinner had taken an infinitely interesting turn. To hell with dinner, I was more interested in teasing him right now.

"Bedroom?" I arched my eyebrows. I ran my finger over the rim of the glass suggestively. "How typical. You know I have a better idea."

"Go on."

"Four words, store room, right now."

"Fuck!" He muttered under his breath.

Before I knew, he had gotten up and proceeded to sweep me up and carry me in his arms.

#

We barely made it to the attic. And I was honestly surprised that we made it to the attic with our clothes on. From the way we were all over each other I honestly thought that we wouldn't make it past the dining table he'd arranged. We made it to the attic. Leo had me against the wall. He broke the kiss and too a moment to catch his breath.

"You're crazy... you know that?" He panted, a huge smile spreading across his face. "I swear I've never felt such insane attraction to anyone... you just god... drive me wild."

"it's mutual, babe." I placed my hands on his chest and trailed it lower. "And I'm just getting started."

I ran my fingers over his waistband, making him breathe hard.

"Doll please..." He moaned.

I slid my finger under the belt loop and pulled him closer. I kissed him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He wanted to go deeper but I pulled away, making him groan in frustration. I don't know why but I loved to get him all worked up, to feel how impatient he got or to hear him groan with desire and frustration.

He pushed me against the wall, moved my hair away from my neck and leaned closer. Thank goodness for that stupid tip I read in that stupid magazine — of applying perfume on your pressure points. He placed his lips softly on that sensitive spot of my neck. At first it was barely a brush, tickling me. He always knew what to do to turn me on. He started kissing harder and I let out a moan. God, he was was so smug. Every time he did something that made me moan, he get the biggest smile on his face like he was the happiest man on this planet. Honestly, it made me loose my mind. My hands struggled to work out how to get him out of his jeans. Somehow, struggling to keep myself sane and not completely loose myself to the way his lips felt on my neck, I unbuttoned his jeans.

Leo suddenly bit my neck. The jolt of pain made me jerk away. I yanked his jeans more forcefully than what I'd intended to do. When I did, I heard a loud thud.

"What was that?" I asked.

Leo pulled away. He buttoned his jeans and groped the wall, to find the switch for the light. A dull light illuminated the room. I saw a small box on the floor.

"What is that?" I asked. Before he could answer I was on my knees, crawling on the floor, to reach the box.

"Well... that... I almost... it is actually... I forgot..."

I opened the box. Oh my fucking god! It was a goddamn engagement ring. I know this because there was a small note with the words written in Leo's handwriting — Will you marry me Meg?

"Look I'm sorry. I made an entire plan to tell you but somehow I never had the guts enough to bring it up and things happened and I just... I swear I planned a better proposal for you. I fucked it up, didn't I?" He rubbed his neck.

I gazed at him. Honestly, I'd never seen Leo blush so much and fumble so badly. He looked so awkward like he'd cry. It was so cute. I mean this clearly meant so much to him. It just warmed my heart. Ugh, my boyfriend is the cutest.

"Wait... you're having double thoughts?" He asked. "It's fine... it was a bit too much... I... Shit... you don't like the ring?"

He would start blabbering when he got nervous. I just realised he was nervous to propose me.

"You know the guy is supposed to get on his knees not the girl." I joked.

He chuckled, relaxing a bit.

"So...?" He asked.

I pretended to think long and hard, just for the dramatic emphasis.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"I rolled my eyes. "Like you even need to ask. Of course it is a yes."

#