67.

I hazily opened my eyes and found myself in this nice and fancy looking bedroom. There were enormous French windows and I blinked my eyes to adjust my vision. A man stood peering outside the window. I squinted hard, he resembled him.

"Ugh, I've officially lost it, I've started seeing ghosts too?"

Did I say that out loud? I don't know.

The guy turned. He quickly sat next to me on the bed. He had that same handsome face and those dark eyes. God, I remembered that face so well.

Great, now I'm hallucinating seeing Leo's face too. Wait, maybe that's a ghost. Yeah it is a ghost. I should've listened to my mother when she asked me not to keep my hair open and walk around the dark streets at night. I don't how that was logical but I guess ghosts didn't see logic. This is definitely a ghost. I tried recalling Hanuman Chalisa and realised I forgot half the lines. My parents would literally disown me if they found this out.

Maybe, if I shut my eyes the ghost would go away.

"Are you fucking me, Meg? Your boyfriend returns from the dead and you go back to sleep? No hugs, no kisses, no I miss you or I love you? Are you for real?"

Damn, the voice was the same too. Even the sarcasm was same. Are ghosts sarcastic? Can you hear your hallucinations become sarcastic towards you? I don't know. I was always a bit crazy but I think I reached crazy ultra max pro level.

"This isn't real." I muttered

My vision was still hazy.

I literally saw that ghost Leo roll his eyes and mutter something smarts under his breath. Did these ghosts take mimicry and acting classes because I swear even real Leo reacted the exact same way?

The ghost Leo leaned closer. Whoa modern day ghosts come in HD vision too, Jeez this was new. Perhaps whatever I was drugged with was super potent stuff. My mind was playing tricks on me. Leo was dead. We held his funeral. I cried every night thinking about him. Gigi had lost all her chirpiness. She had become like a half-walking corpse. Andrew stayed with her day and night because he feared she might hurt herself. Leo's mom and dad were so heartbroken. Even formidable Valeria's heart shattered at Leo's death, she was reminded of her husband's death too. Amy had been so stressed. She had my grieving and Alex's guilt at being unable to protect Leo to deal with. Nico had become so silent, he never said a word he just started eating lesser and lesser day by day. Our world fell apart without Leo.

Leo was dead. I used to tell myself each night as I cried myself to sleep. Leo was dead, I said when I found myself awaiting him. Leo was.... Ohhh. I felt his lips on mine and my thoughts stopped. Ohhh.

His hands cupped my face as he kissed me. It was so passionate, so deep, and so real. I moaned feeling him get rougher, moving his hands over my body, raising me up. I felt his one hand on my waist pulling closer, and the other one entangled in my hair. I could feel the taut muscles of his chest and abdomen tense up against me. His fingers tugged my hair as he bit me and it felt like every inch of me fill with warmth. This was Leo — passionate, rough and demanding.

I pulled away a bit to catch my breath. Okay that was pretty real. He looked at me in my eyes with that intense and sexy way, that always made me blush. Like always, he lifted up my chin making me look at him, making me turn redder. He's so silly at times. Doesn't he know, you don't kiss a girl like that and expect her to be able to look right in your eye. It didn't matter how many times I kissed him, I could never meet his gaze without blushing.

He kissed me again, pulling me closer, grunting against me between our kiss. His breath warming me up. There was this sense of urgency, this desperation in his kiss, like I was a poof of cloud and he was afraid that I'd evaporate. My body responded to his every touch, heightening my senses. I don't know if it was the chemical that made me dizzy or if it was his kisses that dazed me out.

This time he broke the kiss, but still pressed his forehead against mine. I realised that my hands were tugging his shirt. I had unbuttoned top three of his buttons while kissing.

"Sorry." I mumbled realising it.

"Don't." He said, pulling me in his lap. "I love that."

"And I love you."

He nuzzled against my neck, leaving trails of soft kissed over my neck and shoulders. My fingers slowly unbuttoned the rest of his shit.

"Don't you think you owe me an explanation?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed and nipped the crook of my neck, startling me. "You know I wouldn't do something so drastic unless absolutely necessary."

"What was so necessary that you..." I shut my eyes, feeling his hand slide under my t-shirt and tug it away. "What was so necessary that you couldn't tell me, or your family?"

I slid the shirt from his shoulders. "Tell me, why did you let me think you were dead when you weren't?" I noticed some scars that weren't there before. He gasped sharply when I ran my thumb over a scar on his chest.

He looked at me, his eyes dark with desire but heavy with guilt, he looked away. "Do you still trust me? Do you still love me?"

I turned his face towards me. I should be angry, I should be pissed. Hell, god knows I was furious that he let me suffer.

I pressed my lips to his and pulled back before he could deepen it. He groaned with frustration. I wrapped my arms over his neck and straddled his lap.

He pulled me closer, trying to take my lips in his. He could only manage to get a slight brush, before I pulled back.

"Doll, please." He whispered hoarsely. His voice gave me goosebumps.

I gave him a soft peck at the corner of his mouth. "Come on, you made me suffer for months, don't I get to play with you for a bit?"

His hand tightened around my hip. He said, "I had to fake my death, it was the only way to get DeLuca off our backs." He sucked a sensitive spot on my neck. "I went underground to eliminate them and I could return only when the work was done." He said.

I tried to focus on his words but his actions weren't helping. I steadied myself and resolved to make him explain his actions. No Meg, don't let yourself get seduced by his tricks... girl focus.

"Still that doesn't explain why you left me and — "

He held my waist and yanked me towards him, making us both tumble on the bed with me on top of him. My hair fell him, like a curtain shielding both of us. He gently tucked my hair behind my ear.

He looked at me smiled, his lopsided and adorable smile. I noticed his puffy eyes and the dark circles under his eyes. He had been stressed since a while. There were a couple of strands of grey in his dark hair. Yeah, he was certainly not doing so good. He noticed my face, his gaze lingering on my lips, as he wetted his own. It was as if his proximity and his touch hushed my doubts and made my body respond on its accord.

In resisting him, I was resisting myself. I wanted to make him explain, hell if not that I at least wanted to tease him a bit. When I felt his body against mine, his warm breath fanning my face, all my resolve melted away and I gave in, leaning into his kiss.

We managed to remove the annoying layers of clothing between us. After he'd died... well, I mean after I thought he'd died, I felt like a part of me had died. My body had become unfeeling and cold. The moment his fingertips trailed on my sensitive skin, I felt as if life itself was returning in me. We found each other in a tangle of limbs, gasping for breath yet not willing to let each other go.

And, that was how I knew that Leo was back.

#