46

Leo held an ice pack over his hand. After Nico and Gigi had a nice laugh, I literally pushed them out of my room and went back to Leo who was glaring at me.

"What I'm sorry." I shot him an apologetic look. Poor Leo, he was clutching this ice pack over his finger.

"It's weird but I'm proud of you." He said. "Clearly, I shouldn't be worried about you."

I smiled and sat next to him on the bed. "I kinda like you worrying about me."

He put his arm around me. "Trust me Dolcezza, worrying about you is the only kind of worrying I like."

"I missed you." I sighed and placed my head over his shoulder. He softly kissed the top of my head. "So how did the trip go?"

"Better than what I'd expected," He said. "Although I don't expect DeLucas to quit anytime soon. But, I've made sure The Russian Brotherhood, DeLuca's closest allies would remain neutral and wouldn't hurt us."

"And what did you have to do in return? I mean obviously, you must've promised them something."

Leo looked at me with an inscrutable gaze. "You're way too smart." He sighed. He unbuttoned his cufflinks and placed it on the bedside table.

I don't know but something was definitely up with Leo. The way he avoided my gaze was definitely weird. Or maybe... I'm just overthinking stuff. In all possibility, he could just be exhausted due to the long trip.

"I hope you didn't do anything dangerous."

Leo chuckled bitterly. "Is there anything I do that isn't dangerous?"

He is definitely doing something dangerous. I'm sure of that. I'll prod whatever it is out of him. "Well... that's totally not reassuring." I shrugged.

Leo shook his head and rolled the sleeves of his shirt up till his elbows. Hot damn. Was it just distance or had Leo actually gotten hotter?

Before I knew, he'd pulled me close. My face was barely inches away from his. This solves the dilemma, he'd definitely gotten hotter. His eyes scanned my face, and he bit his lip. That was really really sexy. He tilted my chin up to face him. He pulled me close and pressed his lips onto mine. God, he feels so good. And, he tastes good too, like how can he always be so perfect?

He pulled away, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "You were saying something?"

Well, fuck you for distracting me, Leo. It's so hard to focus when he's kissing. I mean my mind literally goes blank, and all I remember is just the feeling of his lips on mine.

He looked at me smugly; he knew it very well what he was making me feel. You've had your fun, Leo. Now it's my turn.

I roved my fingers over his chest and unbuttoned his buttons, starting with the collar. "I'm afraid, the time for talking has passed." My fingers trailed lower as I slowly and teasingly unbuttoned his shirt. Leo gasped and his eyes widened. It was my turn to flash my smug smirk.

"That's how we are now, are we?" He said teasingly. He pulled me over in such a way that I ended up straddling him.

"It's your fault you left me alone." I tugged his shirt and pushed it away from his shoulders.

He nuzzled against my neck, making my breath hitch in my throat. I felt his cold fingers slide behind my neck and tug my hair. He nibbled against my neck and whispered, "You know, I need to take a shower."

I shrugged, "I'm not letting you go anywhere."

I felt Leo's fingers trail down my back, making me shudder, as it traced the path to my waist. I swear, my heart was literally about to jump right out of my chest.

"Doll." He whispered throatily. "You leave me no choice."

Before I could think, his strong arms lifted me and carried me. I knew what was in his mind, and to be honest I was totally looking forward to it.

#