5 Dare

"Don't you dare break anything!" Wes glares at the two boys, who are quite engrossed in their play fighting. He shakes his head before walking into the kitchen, going to fetch some more beet bottles.

"Come at me!" Dylan narrows his eyes at Dave, who simply scoffs at Dylan's tone. They're circling around the table in Wes's living room, challenging each other to a duel.

"You sure? You got drunk on the way here." Dave says.

"That's exactly why you're gonna end up on the floor." Dylan warns. He makes a move to the side and Dave visibly flinches, but doesn't move.

"Dave, just kick him in the shin. It's his weak spot." Carter mutters from the couch, lifting the beer bottle to his lips.

"Who's side are you on?" Dylan only briefly glances at Carter.

"I think everyone's on Dave's side. You look like you could eat him." I mumble, taking another cookie. Wes's mom really knows how to bake and it's almost as good as my mom's cooking.

"Kat, what the hell? I thought we were cool." Dylan whines, his eyes staring at mine. I just laugh at his expression.

"I'm not a kid! I could take him down in a second." Dave protests, obviously insulted by my statement. The other boys laugh at their expense and suddenly both boys look at me with a deadly glare.

"Let's just take her down." Dylan suggests, looking at Dave with a raised eyebrow. I immediately stop laughing and place the cookie to my side, in case I need to make a run for it.

"I agree." Dave nods and they both start heading towards me. With a wide grin, I jump up and throw myself over the couch, landing on my feet. I turn around to see them cracking their knuckles as they circle around the couch. Playfully, I dodge around Dylan just as he tries to grab me and run towards the other side of the room.

"You guys have poor reflexes." I comment, locking my gaze with Dylan and I see him trying to fight a smile, pretending to be mad instead.

With Carter's laughs in the background, they continue chasing me around the wide living room, each of us jumping over the furniture like we're some parkour kids. I try to avoid them as best as I can, actually getting goosebumps every time they almost catch me. But in fact it doesn't take them long to tackle me on the ground. Not actually wanting to hurt me, they both kneel beside me and start tickling me, and I think I lose my breath as I start laughing out loud.

"Wait! Stop!" I try but they don't even try to move away. My attempts of shielding my tummy are shameful, since they still manage to make me scream with laughter.

"Whose side are you on now, huh?" Dylan chuckles from above me, pinching my side. I can hear Carter practically cheering for them as they torture me.

"Hands off." Wes's voice is suddenly heard between our laughter.

The two boys stop tickling me and raise their hands in surrender with stupid grins still implanted on their faces. Dave lets his escape and I glare at him from the floor, still breathlessly trying to catch air.

"You know, one day you're gonna regret this and you won't even know what's coming to you." I say, trying to get off the ground. Dave hands me his hand and I grumpily take it before he pulls me up.

"I'd like to see that." Mel says, finally looking up from his phone.

"You'd be surprised by how skilled I am." I plop back down on the couch, taking someone's glass of water. Might not be the smartest idea but I'm way too lazy to go and get myself one and I'm thirsty as hell.

"How skilled?" Carter perks up and smirks at me.

"Yeah, how skilled?" Dylan matches Carter's description. I just pull a blank face at their boyish humor.