26 Challenge

Wes Blue

Just as the three passionate words leave her mouth, a loud honking noise comes from in front of her house.

I widen my eyes, the situation becoming more real than ever. I can only stare at her, not budging at the noise that decided to interrupt this magnificent moment. I am completely at a loss of words.

She just said that.

She really did.

"Well, that didn't turn out to be like in the movies." She says in a surprised tone, her eyes focused on the large window on her right.

She just said she loves me.

Holy fuck, I thought I could only fantasize about this.

The second honk comes in, this one much louder and longer than the first. This time, I rush to the window and close it rapidly. Then I stomp over to Katherine and my arms engulf her in a tight hug, merely lifting her off the ground.

"Are you -" I start, but I honestly can't seem to find words. "I can't believe this."

As soon as I set her on the ground, yet another honking sound comes from the front.

It's easy to say both her and I got so engrossed in our talk, enough to forget Jace invited us to a party across the town.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I groan, still not letting go of her waist.

"Wes, we can -"

The fourth, most aggressive honking sound arrived next, breaking her sentence in half.

"You might as well wear black when you come out, because by the time you do, I'll be dead!" Adeen's loud voice comes from outside of my window. I glare at the window as if I can break the glass by just piercing my eyes through it. I will kill my best friend before his time comes.

"Katherine?" I turn to face the girl in front of me, once again captivated by her beauty.

"Hmm?"

"Are you pranking me?"

She tilts her head at me. She just confessed the hardest thing in her life and I'm questioning it? Sue me but she is the hardest person to crack and I wouldn't be surprised if she was pranking me.

"No." She says simply. I stare at her for a second before once again grabbing her in a hug. Once I lean away, my lips find hers, a passionate kiss erupting between us. To think I'd come this far with this girl is unbelievable.

"I love you." I say when I break the kiss.

"I love you, too." She says and smiles softly. From all the emotions flooding over me, I can't believe I haven't started crying yet.

"I wish I could make this like in the movies for you." I tell her as I hold her face. "But I have an ass for a best friend."

She giggles, the most amazing sound reaching my ears.

"Don't worry. I feel like I've been in a movie ever since I first kissed you." She admits and my eyes soften at her words. I place one more chaste kiss on her lips before leaning away. I wish I could cuddle up in bed and talk to her all night.