21 The dinner - Amo

But it wasn't your fault, wasn't in your intentions, to be the one here talking to me, be the one listening.

-

He's provoking me.

He's so aggravating, so nerve wracking, so vexing.

He's so damn irritating.

I take out the disco ball from the box and place it on the table. My hands absentmindedly reach for the next thing in the box, my eyes still fixated on the bothersome boy.

"Careful, damn." Adeen grabs my hands, stealing my attention which then transfers to him. "You'll break something if you keep throwing stuff like that."

I just roll my eyes and dig my hands into the box. I once again meet Wes's eyes and he seems quite satisfied with himself as I send him another glare.

Asshole.

"Kat, can you hold this?" Alex breaks my thoughts and I grab the bottle of whiskey she hands me. I eye the pretty bottle, wishing to down it by myself.

"Give me that." Adeen takes it from me, sendig me a warning look.

"Is that everything?" Cindy asks as she throws the empty box on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna set this up." Wes takes the disco ball from the table before turning to Adeen. "Can you wire everything up?"

"Yes, darling." Adeen says and grabs a lot of different cables.

I sigh, not having the energy to be in the same room as Wes anymore. I wipe my hands against a cloth to make sure I don't stain my dress and step around the three boxes on the floor.

"I'm gonna go get some air." I announce and walk out without waiting for anyone. The chilly weather seems to be just what I need right now.

I cross my hands over my chest and get just a second of silence until my best friend decides to interrupt that.

"What the hell is wrong wih you?" Alex asks as soon as she's in my peripheral vision. "You've been looking at Wes like you want to kill him. That usually my job."

"Maybe because I do want to kill him." I say.

"What did he do?" She asks immediately.

"He, ugh." I huff and drop my hands, turning to face Alex. I then lower my voice, as if I'm telling her some top secret. "He called me mi amor."

"What?" Alex raises an eyebrow. "My love? That's what he called you?"

"He probably joked about it and that's pissing me off." I declare.

"What do you mean? Holy shit, Kat." She places her hand over her mouth. "Do you think he loves you?"

"Alex, Jesus." I panic, looking around to see if any of the boys is close by. "No, he doesn't. Obviously he doesn't. But he shouldn't call me that and he knows that."

"What if he does?" Her eyes widen again.

"He does not!" I whisper yell. "I know that."

"Maybe he does. Oh my God, what if he does? Imagine that. Kat, he probably does!"

"Alex!" I take her hand and push it away from her face. She's judging something based on a small nickname, but then again, I'm the one making a big deal out of that as well.

"That would be huge." She whispers even quieter. Then she leans into me, her eyebrows raising. "Do you?"

"Do I what?"