9 Young

I'll damn the day when all these boys started going to the gym. Driving them to Wes's house was not a problem, seeing as they're practically just breathing bodies all huddled on top of one another. It was getting them in the cars that was creating a problem. They haven't reacted to a single word we had said and the only sounds they would let out were the creepy and high pitched giggles whenever their head would fall down. Simply to say, it was a mess. Cindy served no help at all, since she wasn't exactly a person with strength, so she was the one to stuff the bottles and the trash in a black plastic bag. We threw it away in one of the dumpsters beside the road. Alex and I struggled like slaves in order to get each boy in the car and I was sweating like I just went through a hardcore workout afterwards.

"Katie?" Cindy mumbles, looking at me sideways and I just hum in reponse, my eyes focused on the road of Wes's neighborhood in front of me.

"What about Wes's parents?"

If I wasn't in a moving car, I would probably black out in the moment. I haven't thought about Mr. and Mrs. Blue at all, since all of my attention was on the drugged up men.

"I- I don't know." I mumble and Cindy's sharp intake of breath makes me even more scared than I am. I doubt they would want to see their son in this state. I know Wes has showed up drunk numerous times but this is something completely different and his state is far worse than all the other times.

"Are they home?" Cindy asks with fear in her voice, making it low and barely audible.

"I have no idea." I answer while trying to remember when was the last time that I've seen his parents. They do tend to leave the house often, due to their countless meetings, but it's not like they can't come whenever they please. It's their house after all.

"What if they are?" Cindy gazes out the window just as we arrive in front of Wes's house. I drop my hands from the steering wheel and sigh.

"Let's hope they're not." I mumble and step out of the car.

I tell the girls to wait for me as I sneak over to the door and unlock them using the key I grabbed from Wes's pocket. When I open the door, the house is as empty as it usually is and I slowly walk around to see if anyone's home, but when all I'm met with is silence, I go back outside and help Alex with bringing the boys inside. We carry them into the rooms that they sleep in, although I'm pretty sure we messed up the pairs.

Once we're all in, safe and sound, I lock the door and plop down on the couch in the living room, where the girls and I have a fresh drink. With her orange juice in her hand, Alex eyes me like a mother that's about to scold her child.

"You're pretty damn cozy around this house. How much time do you exactly spend here?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and I shrug while crossing my legs underneath each other.

"I'm not cozy. I just know the place." I explain, looking around the familiar walls covered in family portraits.

"My question still stands." She tilts her head at me, her voice tight with curiosity.

"I don't know." I shrug once again. "It's not like Wes and I go on dates so we usually spend time here."

"And his parents don't mind?" She wonders.

"No. I don't think so."

"I see." She drags out the word and narrows her eyes at me.

"Why don't you go on dates?" Cindy asks.

"Why would we?" I shrug.

"Well." She starts, looking towards Alex as if asking for approval. "You two are together."