11 Luck

My skin starts burning at yet another pull on my bracelet. It clashes with my wrist and creates a small red mark, barely visible. It's what I've been doing the past hour, tugging and twisting my bracelet because of the nervousness caused by yesterday's events. When I woke up this morning, I was greeted by Mrs. Blue's warm eyes and a concerned look. It didn't take me long to find an excuse as to why I was sleeping on the couch, accompanied by two other girls, saying how the boys called us to hang out late at night and we somehow fell asleep. It has happened before so she quickly beileved it and offered me a coffee before leaving for yet another meeting. Her husband wasn't around so I assumed he had already left. After her coffee, I made three more, for myself only. I couldn't fight off the heavy feeling piercing through my chest at my inability to find a solution to this problem. I somehow felt guilty, although I still haven't done anything but neither has an idea popped into my mind. I was simply clueless. I've gone through ten thousand solutions and in every single one, I end up being the bad guy. What could I possibly do to avoid that?

"Can I have one?" I jerk at the deep voice that comes from across me. Mel furrows his eyebrows at my sudden reaction before pointing to a full coffee mug in front of me.

"Uh, sure." I say, although that one was set for me. I'll just make myself some more afterwards.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, noticing how slowly he moves to sit on the bar stool and how he squeezes his eyes shut when he lands.

"Bad." He answers and rubs his temples. Then he looks up at me and seems lost for a moment. "What happened yesterday?"

My eyebrows shoot up at his question.

"You don't remember?" I ask and Mel shakes his head before groaning at the pain that the action causes him. I frown and hop off the stool, reaching out to check the cabinets in case there's some Advil in them. When I spot the package, I grab a glass and start filling it with water.

"I got a call from Wes and he didn't sound very sober. He asked me to come and told me the place and when we arrived, you guys were practically dead." I explain as the water reaches the top and I go back to sit on the stool. I slide the package to him and set the glass in front of him. "We couldn't do much besides drive you home and put you to sleep."

"Thanks." He mutters, immediately drowning the pill down. "How did you fit us all in one car?"

"Well, I drove your car." I bite my lip shyly, hoping Mel is not the type of guy to get overprotective about his car.

"Smart." He says and I just chuckle.

"How did you guys get so trashed while it was still morning?" I ask. I honestly don't know if he should know that I am aware of what they were consuming so I just stick with the play of having no idea.

"We didn't drink." He says and then furrows his eyebrows, staring at the green mug. "We smoked but I don't know how it got to that extent."

"Yeah, it was bad." I bow my head down, unsure of what my reply should be. Should I tell him? Maybe if I tell him he'll know what to do. Abraham did say him and Wes aren't stupid and that they will probably see through this scheme. But I need them to figure it out now so I can know what to do. I literally have until tonight to manage something. I flip my bracelet one more time before hesitantly looking up at him.

"Actually, I need to tell you something." I gather the courage and Mel focuses on me, lifting his brow casually.

"Fuck, I need a fucking hammer to fucking stop this fucking headache." Dylan's grumpy voice echoes through the house as he enters the kitchen, with my sleepy looking best friend behind him.

"Wow. And I thought I curse a lot." She mutters and slides on the stool beside me, thankfully not noticing how I've started to fiddle with my bracelet again.