28 Spain - Day Two

I surrendered in front of the light of your soul.

-

I had an idea in my head that I'd get some proper sleep on this vacation, but seems like someone else has a different idea. I groan loudly when I hear Wes's ringtone blast through the room. With little strength, I turn to him and push him slightly.

"Wes." I mumble, my eyes still half closed.

"Hmm? What?" He says and I put my hands to my ears to drown the loud noise of his phone. I open my eyes again and see him roll his eyes as he reaches for the phone.

"What?" He grumbles into the speaker, his voice hoarse from sleeping. I hear someone speak on the other line and Wes slowly rises up to sit. He rubs his eyes, looking confused.

"What are you talking about?" He scrunches up his face and I raise an eyebrow. Then suddenly he widens his eyes and his mouth, catapulting out of the bed.

I sit up, watching as he gasps about a million times before turning to me.

"Did you know about this?" He asks, a wide smile plastered across his face.

"Wha -" I shake my head. "Know what?"

"Tell her, tell her." Wes ushers with a smile and I see him press a button on his screen. The louder noises on the other line tell me he has pressed the speaker.

"Guess what, sugar?" Carter's excited voice booms through the room. "I'm gonna be a motherfucking dad!"

I press my lips together, a smile tugging my cheeks.

"You knew, didn't you?" Wes looks at me with a blank face and a chuckle escapes my lips. "Man, she knew. It's no fun."

"Damn it." Carter curses. "I didn't think she'd tell all the girls."

I laugh, moving closer to Wes so Carter can hear me more clearly. My cleavage becomes visible as I lean over and I see Wes raise his eyebrows at me.

"It's always chicks before dicks, C." I tell the boy on the phone and hear his chuckle after that.

"Yeah, well, chicks are crazy." He realizes, making me shake my hear humorously.

"Wait, but how the hell did you not notice her being pregnant for what, three months now?" Wes asks, looking confused, while his hand starts creeping around my waist. I swat him off and go back to sitting on the bed.

"Dude, I swear to you, I hadn't even thought about it. I thought she was getting fat or something. But she's always been so tiny and thin, so the bump isn't really showing as much as it should."

"Were you mad that she didn't tell you?"

"Nah. I understand her. It was a challenge admitting it to her dad, so I get why she kept it from me. I'd prefer if I knew, but it's her decision and her body. She took it slow and I'm maybe even glad, because the stress didn't come all at once."

I make a soft face at his words. I knew Carter wouldn't be one to react badly but hearing him talk about her so nicely makes my heart warm.

"Do you know the gender?" Wes asks excitedly. It fascinates me how interested he is in this and for a moment I get lost while just looking at him. His eyes are glowing and focused on the screen as he's waiting for his friend's answer.