10 Slip

A faint sound in the back of my mind reels me away from my deep dreams, forcing me to open my eyes. A groan escapes my lips as I extend my hand and reach out to tap the area beside me. When I finally feel my phone I grumpily sit up and answer it.

"Hello?" I hum as I rub on my eyes, trying to get some light in my vision. But when none of it comes, I look through the window only to see the dark blue sky with stars littered across it. Guess we slept through the entire day.

"Hello, Katherine."

My heart skips a beat at the voice I never thought I would hear again. There aren't many people that call me by my full name and this particular person probably knows me only that way, since that is how he called me this morning. My hands fly out to fetch my purse and after rumbling through it for some time, I manage to find the small paper and when I compare the number on it to the one calling me, I clench my fists when it's proven it's the same guy.

"Why the hell are you calling me?" I grit through my teeth, squashing the poor paper between my fingers. I look over to see Alex and Cindy sprawled on the couches sleeping.

"I said I'd give you a call, didn't I?" His deep chuckle is heard on the other line and I instantly consider hanging up the call.

"I do not want to talk to you. So goodbye." I say and press the red button. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I stand up and lazily walk over to Wes's kitchen. The house is still quiet so I suppose everyone is still sleeping. I grab a glass of water just as my phone rings again. With a groan I answer the call and gather the guts to raise my voice at the person.

"Stop fucking calling me!" I say before checking if the two girls have reacted to my voice but all they do is stir and change position.

"Your boys had quite some fun today and here you are, cussing at me." The guy says and I place the glass on the counter, processing his words.

"What?"

"Good thing you came. Otherwise, who knows what would happen to them? If they consumed any more of -"

"How the hell do you know what happened this morning?" I ask sharply, not wanting to hear his blabbering anymore.

"Are they still sleeping?" He completely avoids my question, making me burn with anger.

"How do you know they're sleeping? You know what, you're fucking creeping me out and -"

"I'm creeping you out?" He asks with fake concern in his voice. "Well, damn, it was never my intention. But you should've assumed by now that I know everything."

"Here's how this is going." I cross my arms over one another, no longer wanting to take his bullshit. I'm not someone to be fooled around with and especially not by someone who I don't even know. "You're pissing me off. I don't know who you are, what you want or how you know me and my friends. So forget my number and whatever I had to do for you and leave me the fuck alone."

He's silenf for a while, but I can hear his low laugh from the other side.

"You know, if Wes didn't claim you so bad, I'd make a move. You're feisty and men like that." He says and my mouth form a pefect O. I try not to cringe at the claiming part because that is the least of my problems right now. He knows I'm with Wes and my question is, how in the world does he know that?

"I'm gonna repeat myself one last time, who are you?" I mutter.

"How about you come outside for a second so I properly introduce myself?"

"What?" My body freezes and my eyes instantly find the front door.

"Clearly it's not working through the phone so why not make it easier? I'll be in front of his house in five minutes." He says.