29 Spain - Day Three

How we started out, I don't know. The story that is coming to an end.

-

"Can you?"

"I can walk, Wes."

"That's surprising, considering last night."

My hand flies as I hit at his bicep, my eyes furiously burning into his. Some people seem to be amused by our interaction but they look away as soon as I meet their eye.

"Asshole." I mutter and shake my head, grabbing his hand as I step out of the taxi. I lift my head and take in the beautiful lights of the El Retiro Park.

"Are we going in?" I ask Wes once he pays the driver.

"Yeah." He nods and extends his hand to me. I place my fingers in his and follow him inside, where the cozy nature is just waiting to be discovered.

"You know, this is actually where I had my first kiss." He says as we begin to stroll through the beautiful park. Today wasn't as hectic as yesterday, mainly because both Wes and I needed a rest and a calm day during this trip. We moved at a snail's pace the entire day and made sure to take every moment with ease.

"Here? What? How? I thought your first kiss was with Stephanie Dillone." I look over to him. He snickers, pulling my hand in his pocket.

"Yeah. First in New York. Now, this place is where the real deal happened." He grins.

"Were you like, nine?" I question and he looks at me with a confused face.

"What do you think of me?" He sounds disappointed. "I was ten."

"Ten?" I raise both of my brows. "Did you even know what a kiss was at the age of ten?"

"Excuse me, I was quite aware of what was going on."

"Sure." I roll my eyes.

"I was!" He fights back before stopping me in my tracks, his eyes zoning into mine. Heat rises around us despite the cold weather. "Want me to show you?"

I part my lips, my eyes falling on his kissable ones. Just like in a movie, my eyes flutter naturally as I lean into him, feeling his beating heart on my fingers which are pressed up against his chest. Our lips just merely brush against each other when someone clears their throat from the side. I open my eyes and notice Wes is focused on my face, not reacting to the sound that interrupted us. I slowly turn my head and kind of freak out when I see a tall boy staring at us, a playful smile on his lips.

"Wes." I whisper and tug him a little, not knowing if I should be scared or worried. Wes closes his eyes for a second and when he reopens them, he rolls them widely.

"You couldn't have waited a second?" He says while turning his head towards the boy. My chest feels lighter as I assume he knows the unfamiliar person.

The boys takes out his hands from the pockets of his coat and grins.

"Ay, niño, that stuff is for the bedroom." He says, his voice much deeper than I had expected. "This is a public space."

"Yeah, yeah." Wes says as he backs away from me, his hand still loosely wrapped around my waist. "You were always against PDA."