16 Old Times

I just realized I have made a b i g mistake in the previous chapters. The boys were supposed to leave the day after Kat's accident but ended up staying  for three whole days after that, basically the whole time she was in the hospital. I didn't pay attention to that and now it sucks. Should I change it or just leave it like that??

Idk H E L P because I kind of don't know what to do

anywaaayy, this one goes to @truepurple , fact: purple is my fav colour💜

-

"Stop moving!" I hiss at the brunette beside me.

"I'm sorry, but something's stuck in my foot." Cindy whines, still trying to shift her position. I'd feel bad if we weren't in this situation.

"I'll stick my foot up your ass if you don't stay quiet." I glare at her and she just rolls her eyes, sitting back down with her hands crossed over her chest. Her discomfort is clear on her face as she presses her lips together.

"You're both making noise." Ellie faces us. "Shut up."

I fight the urge to mimick her or throw a fierce comeback and instead move closer to her, gripping the edge of the stone wall as I peek over it. I watch as Mel approaches Wes and they engage in a hushed conversation, as if they think someone's spying on them.

Well, someone is.

Ellie and I were too stubborn to leave like Wes told us. I was glad she was sharing the same idea with me because I definitely wasn't planning on abandoning this situation. We quickly rushed through the house and fetched Cindy from the terrace before coming back to the place Wes took us to, except this time we took a different route. It was a little harder to find a way through the trees but we soon reached a stone wall which was in a perfect position to watch the spot where we first stood. The wall was in such a place that it was almost impossible to know that it's even there.

"Care to explain why Wes thinks this is your fault?" Ellie whispers, not meeting my eye.

I glance at her subtly. For all I know, Wes could be talking about my involvement with Abraham, but there's a part of me that hopes he doesn't know anything about that. And if he does, he would come to me first so I could explain I was doing it to protect the boys.

"Beats me." I say quietly. "Have you heard from your sister yet?"

"No." Ellie sighs, her head falling to rest on the stone wall. She stays quiet for a while before turning to me. "I think Wes was lying about not knowing where she is."

"Why would he lie?" I furrow my brows.

"It's just a hunch, I guess." She shrugs before looking out in the distance again. Dave and Dylan have now approached the two boys and join in the conversation immediately.

"He said it was bait."

"Yeah, but Violet rarely -" She starts speaking but then stops and spins her head to face me again. "You said she bumped into you, right?"

I nod.

"What was she like?"

"You don't know what your own sister is like?" I raise an eyebrow and Ellie rolls her eyes at me.

"I mean, what was her behavior like?" She asks the real question. I have to think it through and really remember her actions. You can't judge much based off of two sentences.

"She looked shy, and giggly. I don't know, I didn't pay much attention." I explain, hardly.

"Violet would never talk to someone she doesn't know. She is shy, borderline mute when it comes to unknown people." Ellie frowns before widening her own eyes. "Oh God, what if he drugged her?"