Chapter 1

Tris POV

My eyes flutter open as my alarm clock blared. I turn it off and jump out of my cozy, comfortable bed. I stride to my walk-in closet. I open the door but when I walk in, I leave the door slightly ajar.

My closet is a full of colors, from red to black. I mostly have black colored clothing items because it's going to be my school uniform. I'm in the dauntless faction so we have to wear black and be bold all the time. I think I belong there. On the other hand, my 17 year old brother, Caleb, is in Erudite. In his faction, he has to wear blue and be intelligent.

So I pick out a black V neck tee with my ripped black jeans. I rapidly get dressed and I take a quick glance at myself in a mirror that's in my closet. I haven't changed much since middle school. I still have no curves and a flat chest, but frankly I don't really care. I look at my face, the only thing that makes me look noticeable, are my bright blue eyes.

I walk out of the closet and I pace downstairs. The smell of waffles fill my nose. My mom is standing in front of the toaster, making some waffles. I sit down at the table.

" Good morning Tris," she states, " did you sleep well?"

" Good morning and yeah." I tell her, as she sets a plate of waffles and a glass of milk, she hands me a fork. " Thanks." I say, smiling. She smiles back. I hear footsteps down the stairs and then Caleb pops up, in a dark blue polo shirt with denim pants. His hair is pushed back by gel, he obviously gets ready faster then me.

" Hey mom, hey Beatrice." He verbalizes. I get aggravated when he calls me that.

" It's Tris, that's the 9th time I told you," I snap. He laughs and sits down in the chair in front of me.

" Good morning Caleb." My mom tells him and gives him waffles with a fork and milk. She starts washing dishes.

" Thanks mom," Caleb begins, " so Beatrice, today you see your friend again right? Whats his name? Is it three or two or what?" He smirks.

" Four, and I told you many times moron, it's Tris." I state. He ignores my comment. I shake my head and I start to eat.

Tobias has been my best friend since middle school, but I haven't seen him all summer, I miss him, I really do.

" So this Four, you dating him?" Caleb asks, I scowl.

" No of course not, he's my best friend."

He scoffs. I roll my eyes and I put my plate in the sink and my mom washes it. I run upstairs and head in the bathroom that's in my bedroom.

I quickly brush my teeth and I brush my blond shoulder length hair and put it in a ponytail. I add pink lipgloss and a bit of mascara. I walk out of the bathroom and I grab my purple and black backpack from my bed and my iPhone 4S. I ran downstairs, and quickly gave my mother a farewell and I barge out the door.

Caleb already waits for me in his red Toyota. I jump in the car.

"Well, we'll look who's jubilant to see their long time best friend." Caleb teases me.

" Listen don't be using words like 'jubilant' I don't even know what that means, you smartass," I say, he laughs.

" It means happy or you don't know what that means either??" He asks. I scowl.

" Shut up, and no it's because we're going to be late!"

" Shit!" He exclaims as he looks at his watch. He drives as fast as he can.