Chapter FOUR

Tris POV

I like that kid in my English class, he's so cute. I realized Tobias hasn't been talking to me. I ignore it and then the bell rings. I get up but Tobias just gets up and storms out.

Whatever, I think. The boy walks to me And he's wearing a dauntless outfit. He has black vans, black pants and a black shirt.

" Hey, I'm Percy. Percy Jackson." ( bet you guys didn't see that coming 😋 don't worry Annabeth will be in the story soon.) He says in a deep voice. I smile.

" I'm Tris. Tris Prior." I state.

" So what class do you have next?"

" Math room 243." I say.

" Ahhh I have science. Well see you later Tris." He states smiling. I grin as he walks out.

I like him. He's kind and cute. I pace out of the room and walk to math class.

~~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~

By the time I know it, it's lunchtime. I practically run to lunch to see Tobias. I look around and I see him. I jog to him.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Hi." He says plainly.

"Are you alright?"

" Yeah. So where's that guy you were staring at the whole time?" He says angrily.

"Whats your problem Four?" I ask

" My problem? And don't call me that! God!"

"Well you're acting stupid!" I retort.

" You're acting stupid! So now you are in love with that guy right! I've been waiting for years!" He yells with tears in his eyes, what is he talking about? Oh god, does he like me? People stare and whisper. " Don't be a stupid girl Tris!" He yells.My face goes red with anger.

" Stupid? And what do you care if I like someone?" I yell.

" Because I've always... It doesn't matter anymore!" He exclaims.

" So leave me alone!"

" Glad too!" He storms off and I scoff, then my eyes get watery? I'm suddenly crying. I run to the bathroom and bawl my eyes out.

I lost my best friend.

I walk out, my eyes puffy and red and I get in line. After I get my lunch, I see Christina, my friend from last year. I walk to her and she hugs me.

" Oh Tris." I hug her back, " come on Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Shauna and Will are over there." I walk with her and then I notice Percy is sitting down with a large group at another table. He looks at me and waves.

I force a small smile and wave back. He doesn't know what happened between me and Four. I sit down at the table next to Chris and to my left is Shauna.

" Hey Tris." Zeke and Uriah say in unison. I laugh.

" Hey guys." I respond. Will waves and Shauna and Marlene hug me.

" Are you alright?" Shauna asks.

" Yes." I lie. I'm horrible. I lost Tobias. I've been friends with him for 3 years. I really enjoyed his company. I love him. What! I don't love him! I shake those thoughts away. The gang starts to talk about stuff but I zone them out and think about what just happened.